• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New AMD PC build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You should look up some graphs in certain games Intel CPUs utterly CRUSH AMD.
What is your definition of crush OCN? I've seen some games such as BF4 @ 1080p for example where a I7 4770k AVG 140 FPS and a Fx 6300 AVG 105, is that significant, yes. That said will you be able to tell the difference between the two while playing, no. In most cases the Fx will only be a few FPS less then an Intel and for the money the AMD is the better buy.

What is your definition of crush OCN? I've seen some games such as BF4 @ 1080p for example where a I7 4770k AVG 140 FPS and a Fx 6300 AVG 105, is that significant, yes. That said will you be able to tell the difference between the two while playing, no. In most cases the Fx will only be a few FPS less then an Intel and for the money the AMD is the better buy.

I respectfully disagree.
Lose 35FPS? Why? Because I cheaped out on my CPU? No way.

Besides, for the cost of an 8320, hyper 212, Ga 970AUD3P you can get a B85 and 4460.

I respectfully disagree.
Lose 35FPS? Why? Because I cheaped out on my CPU? No way.
If one were going from 60 Fps to 25 then I would agree with you. I know when gaming I cannot see or feel any difference playing at 80 Fps or 130 Fps.

First off OCN to play anything over 60FPS without screen tearing he would need a 144hz monitor. On average with the card he goes with it will max out at 60FPS and he wouldn't notice any difference if he were going to intel.

Maybe he will and maybe he won't. Either way you won't notice a huge difference once you're gaming over a certain FPS. Maybe if you have Fraps running you will think you are noticing a difference. Shut it off and just play and you won't notice a whole hell of a lot of difference.

Maybe he will and maybe he won't. Either way you won't notice a huge difference once you're gaming over a certain FPS. Maybe if you have Fraps running you will think you are noticing a difference. Shut it off and just play and you won't notice a whole hell of a lot of difference.

My philosophy is that if a card is capable of 150FPS in a game you shouldn't hold it back by giving it a CPU that will hold it at 115FPS. It's just wrong.

Not saying that they won't. Just saying it's not going to be that big of a difference where it is going to be blatantly obvious while playing games. In all reality once your FPS gets over 60 or so you're not going to notice a big difference in 5-10FPS. Is it awesome gaming at 150FPS yes. Is it horrible gaming at 60FPS no.

Not saying that they won't. Just saying it's not going to be that big of a difference where it is going to be blatantly obvious while playing games. In all reality once your FPS gets over 60 or so you're not going to notice a big difference in 5-10FPS. Is it awesome gaming at 150FPS yes. Is it horrible gaming at 60FPS no.

My point is that its not 5-10 FPS. Sometimes its 30FPS. That's horrendous and shouldn't be inflicted on anybody.

Lol that is true but if he is going with the 280x or a 290 he should be just fine for gaming. Hell im using a 670 and on BF4 I stay at a constant 60FPS with no drops and i'm perfectly happy with that.

Yea I have a pair of dell ultra sharps one is and old WFP2408 24" 60Hz and I have a newer model that is a U2410 24" 60Hz
I guess neither one will go past 60Hz unless I O/C it which I'm totally down for.

I only plan to just use one display though for the while until I get the rest of my desk back together when I get that done I'll have both my ultra sharps setup and another one that's 20" or something and a 19" or what ever.

Last edited:
So I'm still waiting on the fx-4350 and it's driving me nuts. I have everything in my possession but a CPU.

I have opted to buy a fx-6350, 212 evo cooler and artic silver 5.

does the fx-8350 O/C well? I was going to get a fx-8350 but I missed out because on cyber Monday I could have got it for 149.99 and now it's 159.99 so instead I got the fx-6350 for 109.99 and with the 212evo and artic silver 5 I got everything for $155 was that ok? unless I opt out of buying the fx-4350 I'm still going to get it also but I have not been charged for it.

I'm not really trying to have unused parts laying around so If I continue to wait for the fx-4350 I may just cancel the order.

If by chance I get the fx-4350 before the FX-6350 I'll keep it and also get the fx-6350.

Having both processors I'll swiftly build a 2nd PC.

Last edited:
Just sell the 4 core BNIB on this forum or other forums and you can get 90% of what you paid for it.
What motherboard is this 6350 going on again? Just to make sure it'll support it overclocked?

You shouldn't use Arctic Silver 5. It's capacitive so if any gets in your socket (ie leaks over the edge between cpu and HSF) you can be in real trouble. MX4 or NTH1 would have been much better choices. Actually, the stuff that COMES with the hyper 212 is a better choice so just use that ok?

Have fun.

edit- never mind. UD3P. Good choice. That'll take an 8 core to 4.5.

I think we should all treat the thread starters with respect in their decisions even when we disagree with them, especially when they have already purchased some of the components and have already started down a certain path - particularly when it is budget driven. In that case we should help them make the best decisions for the remaining purchases.

I think we should all treat the thread starters with respect in their decisions even when we disagree with them, especially when they have already purchased some of the components and have already started down a certain path - particularly when it is budget driven. In that case we should help them make the best decisions for the remaining purchases.

Tis exactly what I was doin. I don't think mentioning "Can you return that? You made a boo boo" is bad.

Back