• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New AMD PC build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yea I know.

It's the GA-970A-UD3P that I have :-( /cry

Dude there is no problem! That is a very good board. Sure, it's not 990FX, but its a highly reliable, well reviewed board that can handle an overclocked 8 core no problem.

What you need to do is reshape your thinking and be happy with your purchase. What exactly is it that you think your 970 board isn't capable of that you would want to do?

Honestly the board you have is the board we suggest the most to people on this forum for 6300s and 8320s. Seriously, Don't worry, be happy. Kumbaya. Namaste. Hakuna Matata.

It's the GA-970A-UD3P that I have :-( /cry
Iron I don't know why you are concerned with the 970 UD3 it's a great board, it will do the same things as a 990x/990fx chipset board, as long as you don't plan on running 2+ Gpu's on it. The only board that is significantly better is the Crosshair V Formula, because it has a lot of bells and whistles for extreme overclockers. The only reason to buy it is if you plan on benching your components using sub ambient cooling such as Dry Ice or Liquid Nitrogen. As I said earlier you will be able to overclock and run your setup, on "AMBIENT COOLING" the same on that board as you would if you bough a quality 990Fx board.

IronHands, you might find some information from the video useful in helping to understand why some processors perform better even though they have lover frequency.

If you say so, I just feel like the top tier 990FX from gigabyte has like a much better bios and plus I see it has like the code readout right on the motherboard and it seems to have this fancy mofset line and so on.

If you say so, I just feel like the top tier 990FX from gigabyte has like a much better bios and plus I see it has like the code readout right on the motherboard and it seems to have this fancy mofset line and so on.

'there is no "top 990fx" from gigabyte. The ONLY board I would use from gigabyte is the one you have. That was a good purchase, and dont stress yourself too much over silly features you probably wont use.

You wouldn't say the GA-990FXA-UD7 (rev. 3.0) is not the top of the line board for the AMD 990FX chipset from gigabyte?

'there is no "top 990fx" from gigabyte. The ONLY board I would use from gigabyte is the one you have. That was a good purchase, and dont stress yourself too much over silly features you probably wont use.

The UD7 IS their top of the line board, and is a better board than the 970 chipset board. That does not mean the OP's 970 is a bad board, but there is better.
No point in spreading malicious rumors.

The UD7 IS their top of the line board, and is a better board than the 970 chipset board. That does not mean the OP's 970 is a bad board, but there is better.
No point in spreading malicious rumors.

That wasn't my point. If you're gonna get a 990fx board, the ud7 shouldn't even be on the radar unless its like ridiculous on sale. Of the 970's, the ud3 is the only one I would feel comfortable with.

UD7 vs Sabertooth vs CH.V.... one of these isn't like the others... hell, they don't even SELL the ud7 anymore, wonder why? "malicious rumors"... the product sales speak for themselves.

That wasn't my point. If you're gonna get a 990fx board, the ud7 shouldn't even be on the radar unless its like ridiculous on sale. Of the 970's, the ud3 is the only one I would feel comfortable with.

UD7 vs Sabertooth vs CH.V.... one of these isn't like the others... hell, they don't even SELL the ud7 anymore, wonder why? "malicious rumors"... the product sales speak for themselves.

Always entertaining, you are. :D
A virtual sideshow.

Always entertaining, you are. :D
A virtual sideshow.

Right. Lets recommend the lower performing, more expensive, no uefi having, unusable usb 3.0 header, lower quality NIC, lack of LLC features, and oh yeah, MORE EXPENSIVE board that has never proven itself like the Sabertooth and CH.V....

Whos the clown here? *rolls eyes*

And that, right there, is exactly why I dumped my Extreme9 for a Sabertooth.......aside from burning up two EX9's. The Sabo has no issues with VRM heat at all. No throttling, even at benching speeds and voltages.

Why didn't you get the more expensive UD7 mate? Not my fault you can't read for context...

Last edited:
Right. Lets recommend the lower performing, more expensive, no uefi having, unusable usb 3.0 header, lower quality NIC, lack of LLC features, and oh yeah, MORE EXPENSIVE board that has never proven itself like the Sabertooth and CH.V....

Whos the clown here? *rolls eyes*

Why didn't you get the more expensive UD7 mate? Not my fault you can't read for context...

Bob you're being very aggressive.

Bob you're being very aggressive.

Better than being a passive aggressive butthead sticking his nose in and starting crap for no reason what so ever.

I have a different name for it. ;)

Furthermore, I never recommended the UD7. I simply said it was better than the 970 board.
Neither compare to the Asus boards.

Read for context hombre. You're clearly seeing what you want to see. Let's try this again, since you're a little slow at this :)

bolded the applicable to help you get through my cryptic and onerous statements.

Back