• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New AMD PC build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Better than being a passive aggressive butthead sticking his nose in and starting crap for no reason what so ever.

Read for context hombre. You're clearly seeing what you want to see. Let's try this again, since you're a little slow at this :)

bolded the applicable to help you get through my cryptic and onerous statements.

Ok. Game, set match. Let's move on.

Any and everything or hopefully any game possible. I mostly plan to play FFXIV with this PC and given that my main focus is mainly around ffxiv I choose the parts that I choose because I didn't really want to go overboard nor or either do I know if what I'm going to do with this build will be enough or will it be OK or how fine will it play ffxiv. I will truly be feeling not to great if this pc I'm building will not play FFXIV at 1920X1200 with all the bells and whistles turned on. If by any chance this PC will not meet my FPS standards I assume with a 8 core FX cpu should solve that. I did not take into consideration the whole multitasking aspect but I was assuming for some wild reason that the FX-4350 would be plenty, but as you all have noted I made the wrong choice for the CPU. I'll find out hopefully soon, while hopefully I'll be playing ffxiv on this new pc build I will be coming from a 3635qm i7 with dedicated graphics that's a 8770m gpu.

Id suggest better a steamroller based quad core APU for that game you will save money a lot. Their onboard video is not to shabby especially the steamroller based ones. 8 core piledrive would be extreme overkill plus since the game probably only uses 2 or 4 threads the steamroller would probably perform better assuming clockspeed is around same as piledriver.

*waiting for steamroller FXs :eek: *

I got my FX4350 early Thursday and had the system built before sun down. Got a fresh new key from the Microsoft store for windows 8.1 and used that to install windows 8.1 from the "media creation tool" that I used from Microsoft. I then downloaded the omega ATI drivers and installed ffxiv. Everything went very well besides how stiff the main power cables were from the PSU. I was trying to get things done before sun down but I would like to go back pull the main power cables out and use a hair drier and heat gun on the areas that the cables need to flex so they can then be tuck behind the motherboard. I ran the 2 power cables behind the motherboard and then to the PSU but the video card power cables (two of them) I didn't run behind the mobo. I would like to heat them up at the area that they connect to the video card but with them off and see if I can get a good u turn made and for it to stay in place easily and then make a run behind the mobo to the PSU.

Other then the PSU cables being so stiff everything went very good.
Can anyone maybe point me in the right direction to get some modular PSU cables that are soft and easy to flex? monoprice maybe?

I'm very happy with how ffxiv is playing. I only get a drop in FPS when I'm in areas or an area that is swamp with character models like real life characters of people actually playing the game not NPC's. I play on one of the very most populated servers and even though I get an FPS drop in such areas it's nothing like the FPS drop I was getting on my laptop, with this system I can easily thug through without trouble in a way that it doesn't bother me at all. I'm truly loving how the game is playing and I have everything maxed at 1920X1200.
When I ran the game in windowed made and alt-tab to task manager it seemed that my CPU was being taxed easily around 70-80% and whenever I run in full screen mode I believe to taxes the CPU more in which the game runs even better I believe.
I have a FX-6350 on the way But I believe I'll keep it and just set it to the side. I'm curious to see if the FX-6350 will have better FPS in a area that's loaded with players and what not. It's hard for me to describe but what I mean is areas that's what you would call a town I guess that's loaded with NPC's and players and game architect. I have asked others before like people playing on PS4's and they say they get FPS drop in the same areas using a PS4 others playing on PC I don't really know yet if they get FPS drop...
I'm unsure if I should download any drivers from sapphire or if it really matters.
To O/C the video card I would assume getting the sapphire software could make that happen.
My memory is running at like 1843Mhz. (system memory)
All and all I'm very impressed. While I do know that FFXIV runs on DX9 dated from back in 2009 and I do know that I my i7 on my laptop ffxiv would use all 8 cores taxing the cpu around 30-40 percent. But in order for me to get a decent playable FPS on my laptop I had to run that game at 1050p if I wanted any of the eye candy to be turned on and if I wanted it to be reliable and keep it from crashing and to keep it from crashing anytime that I simply log out of game. I was to run the game at 1080p or 1200p on my laptop with all eye candy turned off it would be playable I would say but very unreliable at any given time staying in game for any amount of hours a fps crash was very winning to happen sending me to my desktop or for me to suffer trying different thing like keeping the game in windowed mode so I could easily alt-tab in and out just to maybe stay in-game awhile longer and to hopefully keep game from crashing when ever I needed to log out and log back in to keep the game from freezing. Speaking of playing the game on a 3635QM i7 with a 8770M and intel HD4000. I would still say that my laptop plays the game well given that I was playing the game mostly under windows 8 and not 8.1 I assume things would have gone smoother under windows 8.1 and I once was playing the game under windows 8.1 but I was going through issues suffering from lag issues given to me from 3rd party manufacture software especially one in particular. I still like the laptop very much and I enjoy how well it does plays games even though I have not tried many on it but I did play ESO beta on it and I like how well everything looked and the FPS I was getting even though it was nothing near that what I would call a very playable and pleasurable experience.
I was saying I'm enjoying the FPS I have now, I have the FPS cap at 60 because as it is It's something I'm getting used to because with my laptop at a fps cap of 30 was still giving me major lag in my cool down timers and now I'm kinda overwhelmed that I have no lag what so ever in my cool downs. So I have not took my FPS cap off at 60FPS. I would easily say that FFXIV is still a very demanding game even though it's running on outdated graphics that still looks very nice but it's something unlike any other to compare too whenever your fighting primals and or class A or class S mobs in a raid containing a player count of 24+ players. In the open world I'm getting perfect FPS and like I said I only get FPS drop in the areas that others say they also get FPS drop playing on PS4. I know all games are not the same and I wonder how well far cry4 would play and dragon age inquisition. But as it is only to find out how well they play I'm only looking forward to play more ffxiv and not really any other game.
I do plan to O/C the CPU but I have not received my evo 212 as it's coming with my fx-6350 and artic silver 5.
I also would not mind getting a noctua 15 cooler they seem very nice and large or I would not mind water cooling the CPU.

I would like to see if I get any FPS gains in the crowded town areas by O/C the CPU. Other than being curious I like how everything is now and I would prefer not to touch any thing besides my CPU cooler as it's what I'm assuming I hear whenever I believe my CPU is warming up. MY GPU will change color if it get warmer and I have not really seen it change too much color at all so I'm thinking that my CPU I hear so I would like to have that evo 212 on my fx4350 so any CPU fan sound would be a thing of the past maybe.
Not only is my FPS zooming but from what I can tell all or any load times are completely gone.
I also would say that my PC case (780t) is not the most silent case in the world. Not saying anything is loud because it isn't it just that I believe I can hear the small CPU fan whenever I say that I believe my CPU seems to start warming up.
When I say my CPU starts warming up it nothing that my case fans can't cool down. I can hit the fan controller button and the 3rd speed that's max speed and then enough cool air is in and the hot air is out that the CPU fan I believe I hear goes away. So when I have case fans on low speed my CPU must warm up when I get near the more CPU taxing areas of FFXIV and then all I do is kick it up a notch with my 3 speed fan controller and it handles everything very well.
I'm very pleased how everything is. I'm pleased so much that while I'm looking forward to my FX-6350 just because I do not want it floating around without it being in my possession I'm saying I'm pleased so much that I'm very easily and completely forgetting that I have another CPU on the way. I'm thinking about as I'm typing this, but it's nothing I'm thinking about at all when ever I'm gaming on ffxiv now and I'm being serious and telling the truth. Even in what I described the areas that gives me fps drop it's not in that way to make me start thinking about I need a CPU upgrade or even a O/C of any kind.
I should also note that I'm going to keep the multitasking down to a minimum on this system sense I do have 2 laptops and anything outside of gaming I'll just do that on the laptop and whatnot.
So whenever I say I'm forgetting about how I have another CPU on the way that should say enough about how well things seem to be running.
I do have 4 free games I can play, my fx-6350 came with thief and my video card or something else come with 3 free games at my choice. The price I paid for everything besides th fx-4350 and my RM650 and the 780t is cheaper then what you can get any of it now the price of the mobo and video card has gone up a lot. They have gone up so much if I was to buying everything now I would have choose something else cheaper so I say I'm feeling rather happy at the moment. While the cost of the fx-4350 was a lot being that it was like $143 I'm still very happy and feeling comfortable. The actual cost of the FX-4350 was 129.99 but I had to pay tax+shipping the cost of the fx-6350 was 109.99 and with the cooler and artic silver 5 total cast was like $153 but I did not haft to play any shipping or tax on that.

Something along those numbers at lease. I had to pay for thief which was $9.99 but they discounted that way from the cost of the cpu cooler and artic silver 5 making that total like $148 or something. Either way I used a calculator and made sure I was not over charge for anything and I wasn't.

Back