• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New bios for asus p5b dlx/wifi 1004

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks! It's good to know you can do a retrograde flash! Now I won't be so chicken to do the deed. :)

hi'
when I got this p5b dlx, I had a bios 05xx(forgot), I installed asus update and it says there is a new version, so, let's go, and I was then stuck with this 1004, and OC problems :(

this "old" afudos is going to do what was impossible to do before this news, thanks again axizep ;)

i686

i686 said:
hi'
could you give details, because I couldn't make it ...
still stuck with this buggy 1004 :(

i686

Isn't there a newer BIOS out already? If not, there should be in a short while.

bobad said:
Isn't there a newer BIOS out already? If not, there should be in a short while.
hi'
I'll check this asap ;)
the reason I can't make it is coz I'm in raid, so, can't boot to windows :(
bios default is ide :(
and lately I tried to trick it .. no way " can't read rom file" or something similar ... :(

news soon may be ... finger crossed lol

i686

ps; anyway at 2.7 and the gpu OC a bit, it's fine already ;)

Back to 0910 :)

hi'
done !!
I found a trick to load this bios and here it is, bios 0910 :)
everything back quite normal, if I didn't loose my raid0 on the way and the raid1 to rebuild ...
so, I delete the raid0, reset it as it was before, and ghost it,
25mn later, a new boot with a stable system.
only one drive disapeared, when I set it the first time, I plugged it on slot4, and later after rebuild all for a check, I plugged it on slot3 ...(non raid hdd)

anyone have an idea how to get it back, other than plug it back to slot4 ?

any idea very welcome :)

i686

Tatalebuj said:
What was the "trick" and can I get some basic idea how to use that Afudos program?

Thanks,
hi'
well, quite simple, set the bios to default, make a bootable floppy under windows, and another one with this "old" afudos, and copy the bios file onto the same floppy.
write down the name of the file P5BD0910.ROM

reboot from the bootable windows floppy, at the A:\ prompt,
change floppy for the bios one, and type afudos /i(bios file name) and type enter, wait a bit and reboot, load bios default, get into windows, and reboot again to set up the bios the way you want ;)

that's it

I fail the first time, coz the bios file was unvalid ... :(

i686

ps; don't need to change bios boot sequence, hit F8 or else as written on screen during post to get the bbs popup menu that let you choose the boot drive ;)

Man I wish I would've read this thread before flashing. I flashed to 1004, then got an error saying it couldn't read from the ROM. I had to reload the bios from the driver CD back to 0203. I'm going to try to get back to 0910 tomorrow from the CD. BTW, is anyone else having problems with Pent D's being set to really low voltages at default? My default on my 930 is 1.200V, yet when I set it from AUTO to 1.2 the Vcore drops to 1.17V. Crazy stuff with this board.

Captain Helghas said:
Man I wish I would've read this thread before flashing. I flashed to 1004, then got an error saying it couldn't read from the ROM. I had to reload the bios from the driver CD back to 0203. I'm going to try to get back to 0910 tomorrow from the CD. BTW, is anyone else having problems with Pent D's being set to really low voltages at default? My default on my 930 is 1.200V, yet when I set it from AUTO to 1.2 the Vcore drops to 1.17V. Crazy stuff with this board.
if you start form bios 02xx, don't go fast up to 0910, change for a 04xx and then for a valid 07xx, and finally a 0910, I guess that
M/B din't change much about bios upgrade, still have to be careful ;)

i686

Captain Helghas said:

Hey Capt, check this out here , btw my UVOC (Under Voltage Over Clocking) on my D805 at bios with vcore set to 1.1000V is at 2.94Ghz (20 X 147) stable 24/7. :D

Back