• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new build F2 error HELP, Asus Maximus IV gene-z Gen3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metlcub

Hey all.
Im putting together new PC,
Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
i5-3570kivy bridge stock HS/F (no OC)
Antec HCG 620-m PSU
8gig Corsair XMS 2x4gig 1600
2tb HDD
Asus DVD-RW
using on board video

I keep coming up with LED Error code F2= Recovery process started and 0 beeps.

tried the memory in ever slot and possible configuration, clearing Cmos by jumper and Cmos reset button, different psu,

The Antech HCG620m PSU works fine on another computer, mem runs fine on another computer. When I try to post with no ram, I get the LED error code 53 + 1 long and 2 short beeps.

Do you guys think it's the CPU or Mobo? It's not in the case yet, I just did a pre build on the box to make sure the test boot works. When I try to boot with NO cpu, nothing happens at all, Im thinking it's a bad cpu, but how odd is a bad cpu from the start. Any Idea?

Hey guys
i figured it out, uggg, it was a CPU incompatibility out of the box, I had to put a new Bios on and it worked, just sucks that I had to do that, which is a pain when system wont even get to Bios to start with. but I got it fixed

Hey guys
i figured it out, uggg, it was a CPU incompatibility out of the box, I had to put a new Bios on and it worked, just sucks that I had to do that, which is a pain when system wont even get to Bios to start with. but I got it fixed

Hi,
how did you fix it?
I have the same issue ... Cannot see the bios .. how did u upgrade?

Back