• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build for Gaming & Streaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What games do you play?

What software do you intend to use for the video editing?

What components, such as monitors, keyboards, mice, power supplies and storage drives do you intend to carry over from an existing build?

I don't see your new build listed. Do you want us to build it from scratch and search for you?

What games do you play?
Almost all aaa titles.

What software do you intend to use for the video editing?
Adobe Premiere. ( I am new to video editing so not sure )

What components, such as monitors, keyboards, mice, power supplies and storage drives do you intend to carry over from an existing build?
Monitor: Will be using 1080p 60hz for now ill upgrade down the line to 1440p.
Intend to carry over: keyboards, mice and storage drives.
PSU: it's Seasonic 520 watts 80 bronze don't know if it's useful.

Here's a start:

CPU: https://mdcomputers.in/amd-octa-core-ryzen-7-3700x.html $431.20

Motherboard 1: https://mdcomputers.in/msi-x570-a-pro.html $244.94

Motherboard 2: https://mdcomputers.in/asus_amd_platform_series_.html?product_id=10200 $247.16

RAM: https://mdcomputers.in/gskill-trident-z-royal-32gb-ddr4-3600mhz-f4-3600c19d-32gtrs.html $385.32

System Storage: https://mdcomputers.in/samsung-860-evo-1tb-mz-76e1t0bw.html $213.50

Data Storage: https://mdcomputers.in/seagate-2tb-barracuda-st2000dm008.html $70.19

Video card: https://mdcomputers.in/asus-rog-strix-rtx2060-a6g-gaming.html $653.65

Total: about: $1998.80 (a little more with the Asus motherboard)

This does not include taxes and assumes you will be reusing components from your present system such as PSU, case, keyboard, monitor and mouse. It also does not include the cost of an operating system.

I note that most of these items are out of stock (as is the case with most other items on that vendor's web site) so you would have to back order most stuff.

It looks like many of these components are costing 50-60% more in your country than in the USA. You will need to be content with some compromises given the budget constraints. I would have liked to have included a better video card in the list of my recommended components but that is the most expensive component of the typical gaming build.

Your current PSU might carry the load but it would be marginal. Even if it did, it would be the first component I would plan on replacing in the future.

Last edited:
That is a very generous budget!

Missing from trents list is a quality case to put all those components in (you didn't say you were brining a case to this build). I like Fractal Design. And as noted, with a new PC, you will need to budget for a new Windows license.

While Seasonic makes great PSUs, for that budget and with a new build, I would want a new PSU - preferably a "Gold". I like EVGA G2 or G3 PSUs, or Seasonic. And I would probably go for something a little bigger - closer to 600 to 650W - especially with that graphics card which has a recommended minimum of 500W. The 520W will support it, but it may run pretty warm much of the time forcing the fan to ramp up in speed. This matters if, like me, you hate fan noise.

I would also like go M.2 or PCIe SSD. The SATA bus can be a bottle neck.

It would be a generous budget if the components were being purchased in the USA. As it is, it forces compromises. That's why I suggested a SATA SSD instead of a PCI-e m.2 NVME drive. But, there may be room for that if there is some flexibility in is budget as OP does say, "around $2000 USD."

There's lots of flexibility - especially if one does not opt for one of the latest cutting edge processors that's only been available at NewEgg or Amazon for a couple days. I note it is so new, there has yet to be a user review for one at Amazon.

There's lots of wiggle room with the graphics card and motherboards too. And BTW, both the MSI and ASUS motherboards suggested are currently out of stock at that site. :(

For sure, all suggested components are great and I sure would not turn any of them down. It is just IMO, when doing a new build with that budget, I would prefer to buy everything I need right from the start, keeping within the desired budget. So if a new case is needed, make room in the budget for it. Same with the OS license. And again, I sure would go for a new PSU too. It does not look like that site carries EVGA so for me, I would look at the Seasonic EVO 620W Bronze for $95.57 (₹6,536) since all their Seasonic Gold supplies seem to be out of stock too. :(

It would be good to know which version of Adobe Premiere would be used too. I note the "recommended" RAM with the "Pro" version to edit 4K content is indeed 32GB of RAM. But for HD content it is only 16GB - which is plenty for most games too. In either case, it will run with 8GB, the minimum recommended - but I personally wouldn't settle for any anything less than 16GB.

And for the less expensive Adobe Premiere Elements program, one could easily get by with just 8GB - though again, 16 would be nicer. So if optimal performance with video editing is not a high priority, there is budget wiggle room in the RAM area, as 16GB would be plenty. But either way, more RAM always trumps faster RAM so less expensive 2 x 16GB of 3200MHz RAM, for example, could be another option to free up some budget space for those other needed items.

Almost everything is out of stock on that website. And if he is going to be doing creative content ("video editiing") he needs lots of CPU horsepower and plenty of memory.

The Ryzen CPU family thrives on fast memory and 3600 mhz is gonna be the sweet spot given the architecture.

But yes, he could shave off costs in this area and that but would he wind up with a rig that does what he wants it to do efficiently. For that matter, he could keep his present rig and just increase the amount of memory. He only has 4gb of RAM in it now. Besides, my recommendations fit within his budget. I would hate to see him settle for less than current technology if he is building a new rig so that it's not out of date in a couple of years.

Almost everything is out of stock on that website.
:( Yeah, I noticed that. Makes me wonder if they have a distribution issue there, or if the site is just trying to make it appear the company is bigger than they are and that they regularly carry a greater selection than they really do.
And if he is going to be doing creative content ("video editiing") he needs lots of CPU horsepower and plenty of memory.

The Ryzen CPU family thrives on fast memory and 3600 mhz is gonna be the sweet spot given the architecture.
I am not arguing your suggestions are not quality or viable selections. As I already said, I sure would not turn any of them down. If I felt other wise, I would counter with specific alternatives.

My problem is this:
my recommendations fit within his budget.
No they don't - at least not with the information we have been provided. As you already noted, there's the issue of the OS license and case. And we both agree a new PSU would be advisable.

With a 2060 and a 3700X... I'd run that PSU happily on it...

Assuming it's the M12 II Bronze, it has 480W on the 12V rail. That GPU is 160W in FE form, so maybe 185W in Strix form. I agree with Trents in that it should work fine now as that rig overclocked won't hit 325W. With overclocking of the CPU AND GPU maybe 400W, but I would look into a 650W, quality PSU sooner than later, indeed. At stock, no brainer that PSU is plenty and sits well within the sweetspot. :)

Last edited:
As I said above about his current supply, The 520W will support it, but it may run pretty warm much of the time forcing the fan to ramp up in speed. This matters if, like me, you hate fan noise. And note I didn't say "hot" or "all" of the time.

Interestingly, according to AMD,
System Memory Specification: 3200MHz

When overclocked, it could run warm, yes. At stock, I doubt it.. as said above that is easily in the optimal range.

That is the BASE spec for Ryzen 3 (3200 MHz). The sweetspot according to AMD's slides are 3600/3733. After that point, the memory divider goes 2:1 and there is increased latency. ;)

Probably not with most games. But serious video editing can be taxing on the CPU, graphics and RAM all at the same time - depending on the editing program and task at hand - and even ambient temps. But of course, running "very warm" is not a problem for any decent PSU and many users may not be bothered by fan noise. But I hate it. I mean I really hate it. If my first love in consumer electronics was not audiophile electronics and the "faithful" reproduction of music, I probably would not be so sensitive to fan noise.

Indeed. 3700x (~65W) + GTX 2060 Strix (~185W) = Fine at full tilt (yes, add 50-75W more for everything else). I doubt the PSU will know its even on pulling ~300W. :p

Last edited:
I really wish more people would take the time to actually research and learn how much power their systems use. I bet most would be surprised to learn today's computers typically are pretty thrifty and when doing most tasks, like posting to a forum, reading email, surfing the net or watching videos, their computers are actually downright miserly. I mean right now, with my i5, 1050Ti, 32GB of RAM computer (not a workhorse but no slouch either), and all my network gear plus two 24 inch monitors, my UPS is showing it is providing a mere 109W of power.

This is why I often chuckle when I see users with similar power requirements going with 1000W or even 1300W supplies.

I forgot that we reviewed a RTX 2060 Strix using our 8700K overclocked to 4.8 GHz. With the GPU overclocked as well, we peaked at 345W at the wall. So, a hair over 310W actual.....with both the CPU and GPU overclocked. That PSU won't even be tickled. It is literally in the sweetspot when overclocked... less when at stock.

https://www.overclockers.com/asus-rog-strix-rtx-2060-oc-gaming-video-card-review/

Last edited:
My concern about his PSU is also that it might be old, gauging by the generation of the hardware it is currently being used with.

Bill, maybe it would be a good idea for you to put together a component list for the OP that comes in under my total far enough to allow for the purchase of ancillaries such as OS, case and maybe PSU. That way kr7777 would have some options. You've probably noticed that the vendor website he linked is slower than the 7 year itch to display pages whenever you check off filtering options. Takes like 25-30 seconds to display a page, or at least for me it was that way yesterday.

I agree as well. I still think he should try it out. It is an older PSU, but even if its putting out 400W (surely it is closer to its name plate value I'd imagine), his system isn't using more than ~300W when overclocked, less stock. Worst case, set the new system to stock and get a new PSU. But I'm confident he can wait. :)

The PSU should be the next thing on the list, for sure. :)

edit: I had deja vu, but realized you posted in the wrong thread, LOL! I edited my post too. :p

Last edited:
Bill, maybe it would be a good idea for you to put together a component list for the OP
Here's my problem for doing this (not just here, but for anyone unless we are sitting down, face to face). I'm biased. I simply prefer Intel over AMD. I like Gigabyte motherboards over ASUS. I like MSI/NVIDA graphics cards. I like Corsair RAM, Samsung SSDs, Fractal Design cases and EVGA PSUs. I don't know what the OP likes.

When I'm with a client doing this, it is easy for me to, first and foremost, learn what the client wants and needs - to include what he or she wants to use their computer for. This makes it easy for me to help them pick and choose what is best for them. I am not good at doing this remotely via forums.

It would be simple for me if AMD and ASUS made lousy and unreliable products. But they don't. You can build an excellent AMD/ASUS platformed computer too. In fact, the problem is, pick a name brand product and it is very likely it will be retired due to age and other advances in technologies long before it actually fails. I mean my 2002 XP system still boots and runs! It won't die even though it can no longer meet my needs of today. It's in a tall full tower case so I put a lamp on it and call it an end table! ;)

As I noted above, I think the items on your list are great as a start. Only minor tweaks are needed IF they are even needed at all! Problem is, we don't know what the OP thinks of your list at this point.

Back