• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build for Gaming & Streaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry for Late reply have been busy last few days.
What about this :
CPU: https://mdcomputers.in/amd-hexa-core-ryzen-5-3600.html will upgrade to R9 3950X.
MB:https://mdcomputers.in/gigabyte-x570-aorus-ultra-html FREE AIO with this purchase.
System Storage:https://mdcomputers.in/adata-xpg-gammix-s11-pro-512gb-m-2-agammixs11p-512gt-c.html For now will add more down the line.
Video card: https://mdcomputers.in/zotac-geforce-rtx-2080-8gb-gddr6-amp-zt-t20800d-10p.html or 2080 Super.
RAM: https://mdcomputers.in/corsair-vengeance-rgb-pro-16gb-ddr4-3000mhz-cmw16gx4m1d3000c16.html Maybe OC to 3600Mhz
total : Around 1700$

Last edited:
kr7777, the alternate components you have listed should work together without a problem. My biggest concern is with your choice of RAM. If you go with only one stick of RAM you will be operating in single channel mode which will have a significant negative effect on performance. If you can only afford 16gb of RAM at the present then I would suggest going with a 2x8 gb matched pair of dual channel. Then at some later date when your finances permit you can add another 2x8 gb dual channel kit to the board. In contrast to Intel CPUs, the performance of Ryzen CPUs is heavily RAM dependent. So choosing well in that component category is important. And I would not suggest counting on an overclock of 3200 mhz RAM to 3600 mhz. That may or may not be possible. It would be much wiser to just get a 2x8 gb 3600 dual channel kit to start with.

kr7777, the alternate components you have listed should work together without a problem. My biggest concern is with your choice of RAM. If you go with only one stick of RAM you will be operating in single channel mode which will have a significant negative effect on performance. If you can only afford 16gb of RAM at the present then I would suggest going with a 2x8 gb matched pair of dual channel. Then at some later date when your finances permit you can add another 2x8 gb dual channel kit to the board. In contrast to Intel CPUs, the performance of Ryzen CPUs is heavily RAM dependent. So choosing well in that component category is important. And I would not suggest counting on an overclock of 3200 mhz RAM to 3600 mhz. That may or may not be possible. It would be much wiser to just get a 2x8 gb 3600 dual channel kit to start with.

OK will get 8X2 3600Mhz ram
and 650 -750 watt gold psu.

G.Skill Trident Z Royal Gold 16 GB (2 x 8GB) 3600 MHz DDR4 Memory F4-3600C16D-16GTRG for 285$
G.Skill Trident Z Royal Gold 16 GB (2 x 8GB) 3600 MHz DDR4 Memory F4-3600C17D-16GTRG for 245$
G.Skill Trident Z Royal Gold 16 GB (2 x 8GB) 3600 MHz DDR4 Memory F4-3600C18D-16GTRG for 199$
i know lower timings are better but is it worth 85$ more.

Last edited:
i know lower timings are better but is it worth 85$ more.
I highly doubt any difference would be something you would notice - except, maybe, on a benchmark program. But in real world use, as noted above, more RAM trumps faster RAM.

While dual channel memory performance did not pan out as the initial marketing hype implied (which was often claimed to double the performance of single channel), in most scenarios, dual channel does offer some improvement. So I agree with trents and it typically is better to enable it with pairs of RAM sticks instead of single RAM sticks, if the budget allows. So I agree that with this motherboard (because it has 4 slots) going with 2 x 8GB would be better. If it only had 2 slots and 32GB was your ultimate goal, then 1 x 16GB for now would make sense.

I also agree with going with a reputable brand for the PSU. Going 80 PLUS "Gold" is great because that means it will be efficient. But 80 PLUS certification does not ensure quality or reliability. Neither does a brand name, for that matter but at least there's a reputation the maker wants to keep.

You really don't need more than 650W. When you have enough to begin with, more wattage does not mean better. In fact, going bigger than you need can result in lower efficiency so you end up wasting money in energy costs. If you look at the 80 PLUS stats (hover over the icons) you will see the most efficient operation typically happens with a ~50% load. I would not go with bigger than 650W unless the price of something bigger (assuming equal or better quality) is less than the 650W.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Corsair has a mixed reputation. I recommend avoiding the entry level lines. The AX series has a good reputation but again, you don't need that sort of power. And IMO, going Platinum is a waste of money. It would take years to make up the difference in energy savings. Remember, a higher certification is no indication of reliability. So there is nothing to suggest a Platinum will last longer than a Gold.

1. See if evga 650w g3 is available...its likely cheaper than corsair ax and the same top tier quality. You dont need more than 650W. And while a psu may be its most efficient at 50%, the difference running it at 50% vs 75% would only be noticeable if it's on load 24/7 for it's useful life. You'll save more money buying an appropriately sized unit than running it at 50%. Theres still plenty if headroom and allows for quiet operation for those who are not hypersensitive to noise.
2. 2x8gb of ram, dual channel is the way to go. The lower latency is not worth that price.

kr7777,

How many of the components you are getting are out of stock? What do you expect as far as how long it will take this company to get those items back in stock?

The bundled AIO water cooler with the board you linked makes a nice combo, though unless you overclock the CPU it would not be necessary on a R5 3600. But I believe you live in very hot part of the world so if you don't have air conditioning the AOI may be a good idea.

Last edited:
But I believe you live in very hot part of the world so if you don't have air conditioning the AOI may be a good idea.
Maybe but even water cooling is dependent on the ambient temps. If the water is 50°C and the air 50°C, it really makes no difference, assuming an air cooler is moving the heated air as efficiently as the impeller is moving the heated water out - not a given but something to think about.

One problem often overlooked in warm environments is there are many heat sensitive devices inside the computer besides the CPU that affect computer stability. These include the VRMs, chipset, RAM modules, GPU and more - things an AIO don't help at all. In fact, an AIO may overlook the VRMs which otherwise may benefit from an OEM down-firing cooling fan. So a look at case cooling may be needed.

1. See if evga 650w g3 is available...its likely cheaper than corsair ax and the same top tier quality. You dont need more than 650W. And while a psu may be its most efficient at 50%, the difference running it at 50% vs 75% would only be noticeable if it's on load 24/7 for it's useful life. You'll save more money buying an appropriately sized unit than running it at 50%. Theres still plenty of headroom and allows for quiet operation for those who are not hypersensitive to noise.
2. 2x8gb of ram, dual channel is the way to go. The lower latency is not worth that price.

1. Here in India, it's about the same maybe 20$ cheaper also only has 7 yrs of warranty compared to 10yrs on corsair one also the extra I went for is due to 3950x (don't know if 650 still enough)
2. Ok

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

kr7777,

How many of the components you are getting are out of stock? What do you expect as far as how long it will take this company to get those items back in stock?

The bundled AIO water cooler with the board you linked makes a nice combo, though unless you overclock the CPU it would not be necessary on a R5 3600. But I believe you live in very hot part of the world so if you don't have air conditioning the AOI may be a good idea.

It will be back in stock soon.
ill oc if worthy when I get new PSU if not AIO will still be useful on 3950x right?
yea its hot here in summers temps go as high as 48-49c.

People generally overestimate the amount of wattage their system uses when planning builds. A lot of the power need estimate charts you see on the internet are padded because they allow for the fact that many people will buy a cheap PSU rated for more wattage than it can produce under sustained load. A gaming class video card is typically the largest power draw component in a system, rather than the CPU. Most single video card systems can get by with a 500 watt or so quality PSU. It's when you add more video cards that power needs really jump up. a

A plugin the wall watt meter like this: https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Elec...ds=watt+meter&qid=1563111836&s=gateway&sr=8-4 can be very revealing. You would likely be surprised at how little power your system will draw.

The AIO will definitely be of benefit if you move up to a 3950X. If you do that, be careful of VRM cooling needs as AIO cooler do a great job of cooling the CPU but don't do a good job of circulating air around the VRM heatsinks compared to many air coolers, especially the "top down" style air coolers like those that ship with the AMD Ryzen CPUs.

The AIO will definitely be of benefit if you move up to a 3950X. If you do that, be careful of VRM cooling needs as AIO cooler do a great job of cooling the CPU but don't do a good job of circulating air around the VRM heatsinks compared to many air coolers, especially the "top down" style air coolers like those that ship with the AMD Ryzen CPUs.

+1 on this. A 3950X will put a load on your VRMs so air circulation is important. If you use an AIO you might consider directing a small low-RPM case fan at your VRM heatsink.

A plugin the wall watt meter ... can be very revealing. You would likely be surprised at how little power your system will draw.
I agree. I note most of the better UPS have an LCD display panel (and/or monitoring software) that displays how much power the connected devices are demanding too. So, for example, I can pull up PowerChute (APC's monitoring software) and see right now, this computer, all my network gear and my two 24" inch monitors are pulling a mere 109W. Of course, typing text in a forum post is little more than "idle" but it still illustrates the point. But even when I push my CPU, graphics and RAM to their limits, it still does not heavily tax my 550W PSU (or 1500VA UPS).

Ok then will go with 650 watts. I don't have to worry about vrm for now right.

That RAM should work fine and you likely won't have to buy more later on now that you started with 32gb.

Back