• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build looking to improve cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slicer021

Hey everyone. I have just completed my 1st build around 2 weeks ago. I am using a Corsair Spec Delta, Ryzen 3600, 16 gb Ripjaws V 3200 MHz, Gigabyte 1660Super and Corsair Cx650 psu. I have noticed when playing WoW I think it’s the stock cpu cooler gets rather noisy. So wanted to pick up a aftermarket cooler for that but also improve my overall case cooling in general. Was thinking to replace the stock case fans with non rgb fans and just install rgb strip for inside case glow. Do y’all think this is a good idea with this case or is this a bad case? I have been seeing several places saying this case sucks. Thanks for any advice y’all can give me.

Remove the side panel of the case and compare load temps when the side panel is in place. This generally will tell you if ventilation is adequate or if you will benefit from more or better case fans. From the description and pics on NewEgg, it would seem there may be an imbalance between intake (3 fans in front panel) and exhaust (1 fan in rear). There appears to be the option of installing fans in the top panel to correct this. Probably the biggest need ans what will make the biggest impact, however, is installing a bigger CPU cooler.

Thanks for replying. Yes there is an imbalance a bit. I was thinking about going all 120mm and having 3 intake and 3 exhaust. Or possibly going with 140s instead but then I would have more exhaust than intakes. I was just unsure if this case is worth spending that money on or wipe my hands and pick up a new one lol. Like I said I am brand new to PC building and I just kinda liked the look of the case not being all squared off. Now I am wondering about the airflow though.

I think the case has good ventilation potential. I don't think that is an issue. The stock AMD cooler that comes with the Ryzen CPUs is generally considered to give adequate cooling to non-overclocked processors but you do here a fair number of people complaining about them being noisy when their fans ramp up. Putting more fans in the case will also create more noise but it may be a different pitch. Noise is a very personal thing if you know what I mean. Ultimately, I think you will need to get a bigger CPU cooler. The stock AMD cooler fan creates a whine type noise when it ramps up.

I wouldn't worry about negative vs. positive case air pressure. A good air compressor makes quick work of dust build up in a computer case.

Back