• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build new problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freshfresh

Registered
:bang head

My spec are as followed.
ep45-ud3p mother board
Intel Q8200
(2x)Corsair xms2 1066 2048 5-6-6-18 2.10
Dual Crossfire 4870 Diamond oc edition ddr5
Dark knight cpu cooler
750 watt corsair psu
Highpoint rocket raid pcie 2600x1 sas controller
4 sas Fujitsu 73 gig hard drives raid 5
Vista 64 bit

It is taking me a total of 3 mins from power on to windows screen. I suspect something is wrong. All bios settings are set to optimized.
my video card temp is 50^C and my cpu 34^C
Any help is welcomed. I would love to overclock this computer but i have read the @8200 in not the ideal cpu to overclock thanks community.

Those fijutsu 73gig are ..... OLD ? maybe thats why it take you 3 min to boot windows ( fresh install i hope ).

For the OC, just read this sticky and im sure you can take this lil Q8200 to 3.0ghz EZ.

had them on my last build and they worked fine, and there was no hypelink to the sticky you mention. thank for the reply

The OC sticky is just above this post in the top section ;)

I searched about these drives. They are 15k rpm and 16mb cache. Maybe something else is wrong with your RAID adapter.

They are SAS drives. Since SCSI has so many features built in it takes a lot longer to boot up. Don't worry nothing is wrong; it is safe to overclock.

i have a sas drive that is bad, or a cable, or even the connection on the sas drive. Though I have two running on on controller and start to boot is 25 sec. Thank for the help. now i have to do some more trouble shooting. hope its not the drive the cost to damn much.:bang head

i have a sas drive that is bad, or a cable, or even the connection on the sas drive. Though I have two running on on controller and start to boot is 25 sec. Thank for the help. now i have to do some more trouble shooting. hope its not the drive the cost to damn much.:bang head

I had a mates comp I made with a AM3 UD5P motherboard and a 955 processor. By default the 955 is not recognised, and it took 3-5 mins to boot up.. You say its optimised, does that include the latest bios? Perhaps look at that if you havent already.

Oh, and when we updated the bios, went down to normal, around a min. Ish.

Back