• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New coin heads-up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
maxcoin should be starting now. I was gonna do it, but it doesn't look like there is a miner for windows. I was going to set it up over team viewer, so it looks like that won't work.

Maxcoin, what a joke!

yap, looks like a flop, ppl will hunt max for this :D there are many miners in ukraine or wherever he is now, and those guys (as seen on recent news) dont take things easy

maxcoin should be starting now. I was gonna do it, but it doesn't look like there is a miner for windows. I was going to set it up over team viewer, so it looks like that won't work.

planned to do the exact same thing.

Oh well, I mean I could compile it myself (if I had any idea on how to do it or what that would encompass), but just needing to do things like that hurt the coin or at least a lot of those that would have wanted to partake in the early mining days. By the time we would get to it with a decent pre-compiled maxcoin-qt or whatever it's over.

Going to give this a shot, what the hell
https://gist.github.com/xorrbit/8848780

maxcoin site says it hasn't released yet???

/e nvm cpu only. look at all the stuff... really confusing format. lol. I don't even have a bitcoin folder in my Appdata/roaming folder. so I can't do all the instructions.

Last edited:
I solo'd with the wallet since block 4, now maxcoin is on block 240, and I got nadda.

Waiting for the pools to come online...

not even touching it, id tell max what to ...

Not practical. A thread per coin is more effective.

Actually the specific purpose of this thread is a quick heads up of new new coins as they come about. This thread did not get started by ZL1 to be a discussion of a specific coin.

Now an individual thread to discuss mining stats, setup etc on new coins I agree with. But considering the intended purpose of this thread I stand by my statement.

Actually the specific purpose of this thread is a quick heads up of new new coins as they come about. This thread did not get started by ZL1 to be a discussion of a specific coin.

Now an individual thread to discuss mining stats, setup etc on new coins I agree with. But considering the intended purpose of this thread I stand by my statement.

This was my understanding of the thread also. Quick announcements of new or upcoming coins. Anything else should be moved to a coin specific thread.

This was my understanding of the thread also. Quick announcements of new or upcoming coins. Anything else should be moved to a coin specific thread.

Agreed. Zl1? Official clean-up request, please :)

So how is a quick announcement not going to turn into a drawn out discussion for each coin that's mentioned? Like I said, not practical. Not in this format anyway.

So how is a quick announcement not going to turn into a drawn out discussion for each coin that's mentioned? Like I said, not practical. Not in this format anyway.

what coin
what miner
whatlink.com

OCF coin release xx/xx/2014
uses modified cgminer fake link
OCFcoin.com
OCFcoinpool.com

end of post... Quick easy and to the point. absolutely anything else related to OCFcoin should have it's own thread started for discussion. Irrelevant posts (zomg that coin is roxorz I bet it blows up and becomes the next blah blah blah) gets click click deleted

to be honest, if the coins is being pre-announced, like the case of max, its hard to give much info in post one and may not be worth having a stand alone thread for it either
i can clean this one up and leave just the post announcing and a link to the thread, if it has one

Last edited:
Back