• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New computer AMD FX 8350 Help needed with overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You will not be able to push much over 4.2 with that MB im afraid due to 4-1 phase. Your temps are fine for cpu, but your vrm's will be hot and may be damaged or thottle.

My asrock mb with 4-1 phase would throttle at 4.2 after a few minutes of p95. These chips love power and you need a soild mb to push them and a GOOD cooler.

Read the guide linked and take it slow. Your chip is unique and will require trial and error to perfect the OC. Go slow and change one thing at a time. That way you know what change caused a bsod or instability.

Arathian, CoreTemp is a fine program but in our local forum culture, HWMonitor is the monitoring program most widely used because it gives so much more info than CoreTemp does. Also, when you post pics of CPU-z, please include the "SPD" tab as that gives much info about manufacturer recommended timings voltages for your RAM at various frequencies. If you leave that out all we have is the "Memory" tab which only tells us what you (our your automatic bios settings) have currently set. If you want to add more pics to a post and you already have three, then just use the Edit feature to add more.

Last edited:
I use gpu-z as well to monitor my gpu..

Is there other programs to monitor the temperature of my Mother Board and better one's for my gpu and cpu?
Adherence to forum protocol dictates the use of HWMonitor. On the chance you want to try other monitoring tools on your own, there are plenty more to choose from, some paid, some free. AIDA64 is comprehensive, including a benchmark suite, but you have to pay out for the extra information.

For example, HWiNFO32 or 64 is a great resource, and freeware. Here is a screenshot - just a side note this processor shows an unlocked 970T, so the only accurate temperature reading is the Tcase, to use Intel terminology.
It also monitors your GPU.

Another cool feature of HWINFO is you can set limits or warnings on temps or voltage readings to keep your system in check. Its a neat feature lacking in HWMonitor. For example, AIDA64 has a cache and memory benchmark to quickly assess system performance. You can also see how efficiently your system performs with a FSB overclock versus a multiplier overclock, measuring valuable CPU metrics and memory throughput. Aside from displaying the current, minimum, and maximum temperate/voltage/fan speed values, HWMonitor doesn’t do much else.

HWINFO64 (sensor readout)
HWiNFO64_zps947e5587.jpg

AIDA64 V2.80:

You can Google these programs to find a specific download link, if you want. But just remember so everyone is on the same page, it's best to use HWMonitor here.

Last edited:
Arathian, CoreTemp is a fine program but in our local forum culture, HWMonitor is the monitoring program most widely used because it gives so much more info than CoreTemp does. Also, when you post pics of CPU-z, please include the "SPD" tab as that gives much info about manufacturer recommended timings voltages for your RAM at various frequencies. If you leave that out all we have is the "Memory" tab which only tells us what you (our your automatic bios settings) have currently set. If you want to add more pics to a post and you already have three, then just use the Edit feature to add more.

Hey Trent, I did take pictures of the SPD and the Main Board the other night in cpu-z but i couldn't figure out how to do more than 3 pictures in that one post so ill put them on this one.

Just so you guys know i put the C1E, C6 to enabled as well but left the Turbo set to disabled, As well as changing the Power Management back (All Just for now to be safe). I was noticing quite abit of fps drop or inconsistency with my fps while in games, Until i turned off the Turbo and it stabilized it completely, So im guessing when it was at 4.0 with turbo and while i had it Over Clocked to 4.2 with my Turbo on it WAS throttling my CPU or something.

You will not be able to push much over 4.2 with that MB im afraid due to 4-1 phase. Your temps are fine for cpu, but your vrm's will be hot and may be damaged or thottle.

My asrock mb with 4-1 phase would throttle at 4.2 after a few minutes of p95. These chips love power and you need a soild mb to push them and a GOOD cooler.

Read the guide linked and take it slow. Your chip is unique and will require trial and error to perfect the OC. Go slow and change one thing at a time. That way you know what change caused a bsod or instability.

I do have a EVO212 Cooler Master Heat Sink Available to use if i need to, The only thing is if i blow my CPU while using it the warranty for the CPU is void.

That's what we're looking for! You can only add 3 images at one time to a post.
Your socket temp is hitting 64 so still a bit of room. Have you done anything with the LLC. If it's on Autol you'll want to set it to manual at medium,and the voltage as well.but that's next If you notice your vcore will go from 1.368 to 1.38 so we'll want to see what voltage we can run at stock specifically . Since you're already nearing the threshold we need to see if we can open up some wiggle room!

When you say Socket temp where is that located on HW ? And im not to sure what the LLC is but i will try read up about it ^^

I have upgraded from a 2.5ghz Dual Core so a 4.2ghz stable Overclock is really all i want or need at the moment until i can save for a Water Cooling System and New Mother Board and maybe Bigger PSU :clap:

Again awesome for all your help and information so far :salute:

Attachments

• mobo.PNG
    mobo.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 68
  • SPD.PNG
    SPD.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
For almost all Gigabyte boards, TMPIN2 is the CPU socket temp.

So you're not using the CM Hyper 212 Evo yet? You're using the stock cooler? Then I would be worried about frying your CPU.

If you go into Edit mode on your previous post with the attachments you can add additional pics. We only need the SPD tab pic, not the motherboard one. We already know about your motherboard from written description in earlier posts.

A 20 minute Prime95 blend run is a tentative stability check and good enough to give us an idea of what max temps will be under full load. To confirm stability when overclocking however, you should run a test of at least two hours.

And by the way, CoreTemp is one of the few monitoring utilities to use "CPU Temp" to mean core temp. Most monitoring programs use CPU Temp to mean socket temp.

Last edited:
I do have a EVO212 Cooler Master Heat Sink Available to use if i need to, The only thing is if i blow my CPU while using it the warranty for the CPU is void.:
:chair:

I won't tell them if you don't! How else would they know and the evo is a much better cooler! But seriously use the evo your CPU will thank you for it.:thup:

Back