• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And dual burners causing conflicts? nuh uh.

Max i've had in one system is 3 and no problem.

Cool what brand and model are u running! I wouldnt mind having multiple burners if i can find ones that dont have issues.

thanx henzo i actualy switched to that set getting 2 as a matter of fact. The ones i first mentioned were triple channel to go with the old motherboard.

I don't think any have issues, you just have bad luck.

I have the SH-202 x2 and an old older LG DVD-RW.

Thanks for the advice guys. Plans are to over clock in the near future but not right out of the gate. I'm a tech guru at heart. I did alter plans a bit last night as i think i'm going to get a 1tb drive for storage and an 160gb for my OS which is 32 bit vista sp1.

DFI LP DK X48-T2RSB PLUS LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - 199.99

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80569Q9650 - 339.99
2x G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ 89.98

and just switched psu

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply 99.99
I would go for the 620W Corsair PSU becasuse the wiring is modular and you will have a much cleaner case - good airflow.

Re DVD burners, You don't need two SD burners. Leave the second slot empty until Blu-Ray burners become reasonably priced.

Case: go with Antek 900. Lots of fans keep everything cool.

Back