• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Dell 30 INCH LCD MONITOR 14 MS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
how good are these moniters for watching tv on? HD or normal
i want one but for this price its gonna replace any new tv i would of got

Galt said:
Did anybody else notice that this link claims the monitor to have 11ms response time as opposed to 14ms?

Edit: Upon further review, it seems they're advertising 11ms gray to gray and 14ms white to black.

the 14ms is a definate dive in the quality of the monitor...I hope the delay is to improve it and they don't rush it for a holiday or new years release

Mr.Guvernment said:
14ms is pretyt dam good response time and should be more then fine for fast moving objects for a 30"

Agreed, I'll take 12-14 and better color depth over the 8ms panels.

Just need to see HDMI on graphics boards now...

OutS|der said:
any idea on the US price yet?
damm i just realized it won't even fit on my desk lol oh well wabted a new one anyways

for this price u should have enough to buy a new desk too ! :)

nikhsub1 said:
If this thing is more than $1100, forget it... I just got THIS for $1499! It is a true 1080p (1920 x 1080) res. 8ms response time. The speakers are ugly as hell but are removeable... 37" of lovin :D I hooked my 9300 up to it today via the HDMI > DVI and played some WoW. In-sane. I have never in my life seen such a huge screen for the computer. Anyway, that dell looks nice, but the specs dont, not with 14ms of ghosting hell.
Nik, Does you monitor have the Windows Vista DRM chip in it?
Also, anyone know if that 30" Dell will play nice with Vista HD-DVD playback?

When I drop ≥ $2k on an LCD, it had better do it all.

I'm disappointed in this new monitor. Only one DVI input? No component...not even an S-Video? I wouldn't buy it if I had the money to waste.

Seven7Thirty30 said:
I'm disappointed in this new monitor. Only one DVI input? No component...not even an S-Video? I wouldn't buy it if I had the money to waste.

Double Dog that....man what a waste! One input, what are they thinking??

I love the multi inputs of my Dell 24" I use them all the time. I have my main rig hooked up to it, and my test rig (D-sub) and...my Xbox-360.

I don't understand why they would handi-cap this awesome monitor?

I can't use it until they get more input ports on it.

*edit* Dell forum members wondering the same thing.........

Seven7Thirty30 said:

Damn... That truely sucks. Let alone 1 input it doesn't seem to even have as many card readers as the 24 or 20" LCD versions have. I'm supprised they would even release something like this considering what there other bigger monitors support.

whoah....dell messed up big time. OK sooooo where the hell is my hdmi port? huh? u dell-luded gits. I mean how the hell am I suppose to connect my consoles, PC and camera to it?

Why make a thing with less connections? Is there a reason behind this...oh and DVI only. Thats not even funny...was soooo excited about this monitor (teary eyed).

Honestly thought (calmed down now)...why would they only put a DVI? U know what, I think there might be other versions in the following the initial model that will have all the connections we expect. I expect everything the 24" has and hdmi connection. I dont want DVI...I want hdmi...otherwise the upgrade is pointless in my opinion. Going from 24" to 30" I want full HD ready fullstop. Thats means DVI and hdmi, components input, s-video...etc. I want the full whack. If u have to pay a bit more that model, so be it but atleast give us the option.

Enough of my rantings...disappointed I am (goes in search of choc chip icecream tub)

JenBell said:
whoah....dell messed up big time. OK sooooo where the hell is my hdmi port? huh? u dell-luded gits. I mean how the hell am I suppose to connect my consoles, PC and camera to it?

Why make a thing with less connections? Is there a reason behind this...oh and DVI only. Thats not even funny...was soooo excited about this monitor (teary eyed).

Honestly thought (calmed down now)...why would they only put a DVI? U know what, I think there might be other versions in the following the initial model that will have all the connections we expect. I expect everything the 24" has and hdmi connection. I dont want DVI...I want hdmi...otherwise the upgrade is pointless in my opinion. Going from 24" to 30" I want full HD ready fullstop. Thats means DVI and hdmi, components input, s-video...etc. I want the full whack. If u have to pay a bit more that model, so be it but atleast give us the option.

Enough of my rantings...disappointed I am (goes in search of choc chip icecream tub)

I hope you're right. It really seems wasteful. Why would you make a large LCD monitor without the option of multiple video inputs? If they don't include HDMI I'll be even more disappointed.

Back