• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New DFI nF4 Ultra-D build...so perty!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They only last minutes and don't always show up when their ETA would indicate.

TimoneX said:
Kewlness. Are they the 50D chips? Have you gotten to try them out at all yet? I'd love to see how the 50D & 44D chips stack up.

Is there any way to tell from the tags if they are 50D or 44D? My DDR Booster will be here this weekend and I'm gonna do the VTT mod on my NF7. I'll probably do some intense testing this weekend if my girl doesn't take up all my time.... ;)

Edit: Code on the chips ends in 50D.

Sweet they FINALLY fixed the NV firewall and AA in XP64 RC2. :)

Just fired up my new DFI rig.....how sweet it is, DFI NF4 ULTRA D - 3200 winnie week 1/05 from ZZF - Blue Storm 500w - OCZ Gold VX 2X512 - I went straight to HTT@260 (went to 280 but backed it down for stability) - CPU multi@10x - LDT@3X - MEM 1/1 @3.4V(over 7200 in sandra 520 MHz) - Vcore@ 1.475.......no tweaking yet and so far its stable, cpu@28c - chipset@34c idle and 36c to 40c full load on stock heat sink but I swapped the fan for a 60mm axial blower.
I may push it a little more tommorrow but I'm happy with it @2.6 already.
I cant afford the 6600gt yet because I built 2 folding rigs @ the same time, but it will come soon enough. :)

edit; my rails are a little low though and I'm running 4X 120mm (2 in and 2 out) along with an 80mm in in side panel.

Last edited:
ONE said:
my rails are a little low though and I'm running 4X 120mm (2 in and 2 out) along with an 80mm in in side panel.
From
ClubOverclocker Review " We then took it a step further, and decided to look a little further into why Fortron Source PSU's are so good. A simple web search gave us all kinds of wonderful ideas, and since we were right at the borderline of our system's max we wanted to tweak just a bit more. One of the best things that I have heard about Fortron Source PSU's is that all you have to do is crack 'em open and adjust the pots inside for a little more 3.3v, 5v, and 12v line voltage. Much like other adjustable PSU's, the Blue Storm was so simple to turn up that all we had to do was crack it open, hook up a voltmeter, and adjust the pots that had an impact on our system voltages. Since the Blue Storm already had decent 3.3v, 5v, and 12v rails (3.34v, 4.97v, 11.94v) under load, we decided not to turn the pots to far, but to reach a happy medium that would yield us just a few more amp's for our overclocking endeavors. We ended up with 3.47v, 5.6v, and 12.74 before we got a little timid with a metal screwdriver inside a running power supply. We were able to get another 25Mhz out of our system, and even more stability under load to the point that there was only a 2Mhz difference between our benchmarking overclock, and the daily setting. DO NOT TRY TO DO THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! CLUBOC WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURIES AS A RESULT OF PLAYING WITH DANGER!."

Scary stuff but only $90 at the Egg.

ONE said:
Just fired up my new DFI rig.....how sweet it is, DFI NF4 ULTRA D - 3200 winnie week 1/05 from ZZF - Blue Storm 500w - OCZ Gold VX 2X512 - I went straight to HTT@260 (went to 280 but backed it down for stability) - CPU multi@10x - LDT@3X - MEM 1/1 @3.4V(over 7200 in sandra 520 MHz) - Vcore@ 1.475.......no tweaking yet and so far its stable, cpu@28c - chipset@34c idle and 36c to 40c full load on stock heat sink but I swapped the fan for a 60mm axial blower.
I may push it a little more tommorrow but I'm happy with it @2.6 already.
I cant afford the 6600gt yet because I built 2 folding rigs @ the same time, but it will come soon enough. :)

edit; my rails are a little low though and I'm running 4X 120mm (2 in and 2 out) along with an 80mm in in side panel.

Excellent, so you're getting decent results from an 01/05 winchester then? You can run the HTT at 4x below 275Mhz or so, I find it's very tolerant of OCing on the DFI. What kinds of timings have you settled on for the VX?

gundamit said:
From
ClubOverclocker Review " We then took it a step further, and decided to look a little further into why Fortron Source PSU's are so good. A simple web search gave us all kinds of wonderful ideas, and since we were right at the borderline of our system's max we wanted to tweak just a bit more. One of the best things that I have heard about Fortron Source PSU's is that all you have to do is crack 'em open and adjust the pots inside for a little more 3.3v, 5v, and 12v line voltage. Much like other adjustable PSU's, the Blue Storm was so simple to turn up that all we had to do was crack it open, hook up a voltmeter, and adjust the pots that had an impact on our system voltages. Since the Blue Storm already had decent 3.3v, 5v, and 12v rails (3.34v, 4.97v, 11.94v) under load, we decided not to turn the pots to far, but to reach a happy medium that would yield us just a few more amp's for our overclocking endeavors. We ended up with 3.47v, 5.6v, and 12.74 before we got a little timid with a metal screwdriver inside a running power supply. We were able to get another 25Mhz out of our system, and even more stability under load to the point that there was only a 2Mhz difference between our benchmarking overclock, and the daily setting. DO NOT TRY TO DO THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! CLUBOC WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURIES AS A RESULT OF PLAYING WITH DANGER!."

Scary stuff but only $90 at the Egg.

Thx...I have adjusted the pots adjusted now but I cant get any higher than 11.9 - 4.94 - 3.28 ..........guess I can live with that.

TimoneX said:
Excellent, so you're getting decent results from an 01/05 winchester then? You can run the HTT at 4x below 275Mhz or so, I find it's very tolerant of OCing on the DFI. What kinds of timings have you settled on for the VX?

Lol....I left mem timings@ auto......3.0,3,3,3
This VX is some baaad stuff!

edit; I've set HTT to 4X and it's still running smooth. :beer:

That's right where mine sits without adjustment, though I do find the +12v line rises slightly under load.

3-3-3? Didn't know it would even function that slowly. :)

I'm resigned to the fact that my processor will never be 100% stable over 2.6Ghz, so I've been tightening memory timings up further and further to capitalize at 260*10 1:1.

Memtest+ reports highest unbuffered bandwidth thus far of 3385Mb/s w/ 1.5-2-2-5-7-15 timings.

Twtr = 1
Trtw = 1
Trrd = 1
Tref = 3120(0648 clocks higher, but costs a little bandwidth)
Idle counter = Enabled(disabling it allows higher clocks, but costs slightly in latency)
Async latency = 6.0(7.0 clocks higher)
Read Preamble = 5.5ns

Lol...I just played with it a little here is what I have (7332 MB/s);

tcl = 1.5
trc = 7
trfc = 16
trcd = 2
trrd = 3
tras = 5
trp = 2
twr =3
twtr = 1
trwt = 3

Nice. You should be able to tighten things up more as the chips get burned a bit. A Trwt value of 1 should give you better performance.

TimoneX said:
Nice. You should be able to tighten things up more as the chips get burned a bit. A Trwt value of 1 should give you better performance.

Thx....yea was tempted to try it and I'm likin your temps.....guess I will have to go h2o before summer :burn:

Check the latencies with everest or sciencemark. They're really sexy with this stuff. :)

TimoneX said:
Check the latencies with everest or sciencemark. They're really sexy with this stuff. :)

Will do....you can count on it. :cool:

edit; oh yea it sure is sexy......7634 MB/s read, 2854 MB/s write, 34.4 ns and 30% OC( 4100+).....I'm happy. :beer:

Last edited:
Hey i was just wondering, how does overclocking work with an sli system? I mean, do you overclock each card individually or do you basically get the lowest clock of the two cards because they have to match? Also, what about doing the bios volt mod on a sli system? Thanks
-Cat

Back