• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED New help with RAID O install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

I'm trying to install Widows 8 64-bit Pro in RAID 0 on two 120 gb identical SD drives. I used these same two drives in RAID 0 on another motherboard when I was running AMD but recently switched to Intel.

The motherboard in question is the Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3. Both drives are connected to ports controlled by the onboard Intel SATA controller. There is another conventional spinner attached to a port managed by a Marvel controller which, of course, will not be in the RAID.

I deleted the old RAID volume and successfully built a new one. During the Windows installation process the RAID volume shows up as Drive 0 with another drive, Drive 1, present with only 128 mb of data. I assume drive 1 contains the RAID meta data.

When I choose Drive 0 to install Windows I get an error message saying, "We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here's more info . . . 0x8030024. Retried it several times with the same results.

Why isn't this working? Do I need to supply a RAID driver that Windows 8 doesn't already have? On a mainstream motherboard several years old I would think the OS install disc would have everything it needs.

Okay, figured it out. i had not created the RAID properly. i think i had been neglecting to manually select the drives I wanted included. I don't have occasion to set up RAIDs very often and I forget stuff between times.

Back