• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Intel 650: X's New Chip.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't wait to see what X's setup does on phase. That thing is gonna be silly fast.

Download LockOn if you want to really see what thing will do. That simulator is like a benchmarking program. In fact, there is a new Lock On benchmark at www.lockonfiles.com.

If you can get through that bench and stay above 30 frames all the way through it, you are a masta!

I sure hope 5.5GHz+. Whatever it maxes at, what I'd really like is 5GHz stable enough to run everyday :D

I've been watching for a 660 for a long time. Most used go for about $300 +/- $15 on average. I've seen some new ones go as cheap as $350, but all the 670s I've seen are still in the $400+ range used. I paid more like a used 660 price for the 670 and thought that was good enough to jump all over even if it turns out to be a total POS OCer....though I can't imagine any 670 is bad. I am pretty positive all the 660s and 670s are speed binned.

XOCer, what are you doing for insulation? Knock on wood, I have had 0 condensation problems with Chilly's mount/insulation and it runs sometimes more than 10-12 hours a day straight. The only thing I didn't really like about it is that the insulation covers some of the FETs and caps, but I haven't had any problems as a result.

Good luck with it man...I want to see some 5GHz screenies tonight!! :D

LOL, that sucks about the screws. Don't blow it up on the first night trying to get 5GHz ;) I messed around with AI Booster on the 630. I still don't like it that much. It has a real problem reading -C CPU temps and unlike SetFSB, leaves the OC where it was last when rebooting, but there's probably no other way to get >350FSB with 14x. I very much doubt you'll be able to boot anywhere near 5GHz just using BIOS settings, so you'll need to use something to get bump up FSB once you hit the desktop.

It IS possible to get 14x on the 0304 BIOS with the 600s and that will open up the use of SetFSB since that's the only BIOS it works on. Unfortunately, the 0304 is definitely does not OC as well as 0509 or 0512 and those only leave AIB for cranking up FSB in Windows.

One other this I noticed about AIB is that if you try to raise FSB in too big of steps, it will require a restart to take effect. If I boot at at 275FSB and use AIB to raise it to 330, it will want to restart, but if I boot at 275 and then increase the FSB to 330 in steps of 10, they no restart is required.

That being said, I would still boot via BIOS as high as you can....or at least over 266FSB. Thing change at 266 (1066FSB) and if you start <266FSB and end up >266FSB I think it will require a restart regardless to pick up the new dividers and stuff.

Make sure your DDR is set to something that it can handle when you raise the FSB manually. If you're just playing with CPU max clock to start, I'd just set it to 1:1 and go to work. I've made the mistake of doing that and couldn't figure out why it would lock up until I realized that DDR1200 just wasn't happening...LOL.

Crap, I was in the middle of posting...lol. Congrats!!

Dude, that's a rocking SPi! I can't bench 1M over 4750 on either of my procs, let alone 5GHz. That score is better than my 340x14 (4760) with DDR1020 on the 630. Nice. Get that 5GHz at 14x and bench again and it should be 25s no problem.

Awesome job! I can't wait for my 670 to get here...need benches at 5GHz like yesterday :)

Dude, you are killing me :bang head Is there any way to 2.00Vc on this thing? HAHAHA.

14x will be a lot faster, but yeah, 24s is nice ;) Have you maxed that thing out yet? CPU-Z validate that 5.3 and get it up there!

Do some PCMark04 benches and see where it's stable. If it will complete 04 at 5GHz, I will be seriously impressed with that proc...

Well, superpi crashes @ 5.35 @ 1.7vcore .. so im assuming its ok @ 5ghz for any benchmark. Ill fire it up later tonight, i gotta do some housework gg .

You might actually try turning down the Vc. There was no stability difference for me over 1.65Vc...if anything, it might have been less stable.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but don't assume anything. I can bench all kinds of stuff higher than PCMark04 and that's why I use it as a more accurate indicator of stability. The max 5.1GHz on my 550 is all fine and dandy and it will complete various other benches at 4.75-4.85, but the real kicker is PCMark04 that it will crash out of at anything over 4.6. The 630 is about the same stable bench points as the 550 even though the max OC is lower, so maybe you will be able to bench PC04 just 200-300MHz back from max on that 650 too...that would be awesome...

Good luck!!

Good God! DUDE! That's insane man! ahahahahaha <high pitched voice> That ia way way out of control!

Be careful man. I don't want you to burn it. That's a good CPU, and those are awesome scores. Test that thing man, and go easy. You're getting way up there with that thing.

Nice. Personally, I'd start higher and just run PCMark04...it's a good indicator of stability without having to wait hours for Prime95 to finish ;) On top of that, I've seen people pass Prime for hours and hours and still not complete PCMark04 with a score :shrug:

What are your evap/CPU temps where you're running Prime now?

Back