• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Intel 650: X's New Chip.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

I just got my system put together today

Intel 650 3.4ghz w/ Thermalright XP120
Asus P5WD2
PQi PC5400 (1gb x 2)
BFG 7800GTX
520W Powerstream
Lian Li V2000A

I was running a few pi runs on my old partition. Lemme tell you that, this chip is a monster. 4400mhz @ 1.45v w/ ram @ 340 4-4-4-12. I got 29.829 in SuperPI with plenty of headroom. I was benching in a 83f room so temps got a little high (low 50s idle, low 60s load) I will be posting more benchies tommarow. I will be posting 3D benchmarks also, I just need to get the 955i chipset drivers installed (Yes, im doing 29 second pi runs on 875P chipset drivers lol). I will figure this out tommarow, im definetly stoked on having an ownage 650. :bday:

hahahaha I love it! People were trying to tell me in another forum that these things couldn't do 4.5 without serious mods, and you got one running on old drivers at 4.4! :burn:

Yonah...then conroe. It's coming baby! Can you feel the powa'! I started feeling it 6 months ago. Just think about how bad I want a new system. You already know what I'm waiting for though.

It looks like you are gonna set a few benches to move up further in the top 10.

Keep her cool man. You got a great CPU, and it's on a great motherboard. That system rocks!

thats a nice chip you got there... i just wish i could of layed my hands on it before you put that thing in.. i might of got its good luck.. sure is a gem ;)

Man, Im really wanting one of those 6s. My 550 is stubborn as hell, Ive tried everything trying to get it stable at anything above 216 (3672). 4GHz is still my goal.

Congrats :thup:

I did some benchmarking last night, I got a 4.45ghz run in at superpi and scored 28.93seconds. (I dont have any screenshots due to my PC not having chipset drivers which = no USB. I need USB to transfer any kind of data ...). I'll figure this out today. 4.5ghz runs shouldn't be a problem with low ambient temps.

*EDIT* I burned in all night @ 4.32ghz, this chip looks promising (@ 1.45v idle / 1.4v load)

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
I did some benchmarking last night, I got a 4.45ghz run in at superpi and scored 28.93seconds. (I dont have any screenshots due to my PC not having chipset drivers which = no USB. I need USB to transfer any kind of data ...). I'll figure this out today. 4.5ghz runs shouldn't be a problem with low ambient temps.

*EDIT* I burned in all night @ 4.32ghz, this chip looks promising (@ 1.45v idle / 1.4v load)
You ought to go to walmart / office max as I suggested and buy a floppy disk :) You will need to do this *everytime* you reformat your HDD. This includes any future SocketM2 and i975X/i965P motherboards as well, since XP does not have the driver support for the new SATAII + NCQ / IDE RAID

Sentential said:
You ought to go to walmart / office max as I suggested and buy a floppy disk :) You will need to do this *everytime* you reformat your HDD. This includes any future SocketM2 and i975X/i965P motherboards as well, since XP does not have the driver support for the new SATAII + NCQ / IDE RAID

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is so bare with me here, but is it like the fact Windows XP doesn't have SATA drivers therefor it cannot see the hdd's on install? If this is the case, then download nLite, you can give XP the drivers, therefor no floppy needed. :).

http://www.nliteos.com/

Scott.

Didn't have a chance to screenshot the 4.45ghz run @ 28 seconds, but here is my memory / superpi runs.

I was really at 4.4ghz when I did this run, just dropped the multi to 14 :-/
Memory.jpg
SuperPi29.jpg

Not too bad so far ;).

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:

Without the mobo drivers installed you should have USB atleast with win2k or win2k3 server.

Nice chip by the way its flying.

Back