• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Intel 650: X's New Chip.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
do you think you can get similer results with one of nforce intel ed boards(i need sli) with this kind OC

evaseeker said:
do you think you can get similer results with one of nforce intel ed boards(i need sli) with this kind OC
Ive heard alot of mixed things about those motherboards. In addition NinjaGXR had alot of problems with his P4N Diamond and P5ND2

Sentential said:
Ive heard alot of mixed things about those motherboards. In addition NinjaGXR had alot of problems with his P4N Diamond and P5ND2

so the best we can do is this board with 650 or better and a 7800GTX or even 1 of ati new cards..

X, nice proc! I need to get me one of them 6xx thingies soon ;) What are your temps with the OC? I am subscribing so I can see how high you get. If you hit anywhere near 4.75GHz on air benchable...I will be ordering one the same day :D Good luck with it!

Im not sure ot 4.75 ;). 4.55 is my limit probably (With the cooling I have right now) To sqeeze every last bit of mhz, Id need to lap my IHS, droopmod my mobo, and get like a Sanyo Denki, that would probably give me like 4.55 or something. Yes, this chip is ownage man.

Tempurtures are 42C idle / 59C load (Ouch) I think my load temps will drop dramatically once I get a new fan. Im using a 120x15 fan that pushes like 45cfm :rolleyes:. Ill get a Delta or a Sanyo Denki just to get my temps down.

Ugh, im at school on this e-mac wondering if my CPU passed P95 while I was away :(. Im testing @ 4.3ghz, 1.44v. If it passes like 8 or 10 hours, thats plenty stable for me. I will keep you guys posted.

Nice bench, but fix the mem ;) What the heck are you doing with a 120x15mm fan? I have some Panaflo 120x38mm H1As here...strong enough to lift the XP120 off the proc like a helicopter...LOL.

My 120cfm Antec 120x38 broke :(. The motor died on it (Spins up for 10 seconds or so and then stops, start twitching, on a fan controller and the 12v line :-/). I'll invest into a Sanyo Denki or a Delta (PMs EC for advice ;)).

That sucks! Are you considering WC or staying on air? 4.5GHz on a x15mm fan...nice.

Ross said:
Nice bench, but fix the mem ;) What the heck are you doing with a 120x15mm fan? I have some Panaflo 120x38mm H1As here...strong enough to lift the XP120 off the proc like a helicopter...LOL.

he he....... I had one of these Panaflo 120x38 H on my rad, but I switched to Delta Triple blade that pushes about 30 more CFM. Either fan is like a damn wind storm.

It's fans like that which drove me WCing in the first place ;) In fact it was a Vantec Tornado. I only used these Panaflos for about a week before I yoked them and went with the Evercool aluminums.

Any updates XOCer?

It aint cold enough to run benchmarks right now (3:40) I need to wait til like 8 or 9 oclock until I can get some cool ambient temps. But, I just ran P95 @ 4.3ghz, 10 hours and still running :D.

I bet I can get around 26 or 27 w/ a clean reformat with lockfree. Thats what im hoping for. Im only stalling cause of P95, 4.3ghz (15 hours will be a FOR sure)

Back