• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mechwarrior game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow I searched about a year ago for mechwarrior on game spot to see if there was a new one and didn't find crap. This is great news I used to play the original with a joystick and it was the ****!!!!!!!

My favorites of the series were the Mercenaries versions.

Did anyone else play Multiplayer Battletech on AOL back in the day? That was the first online game that I ever got into.

Give me mercenaries. The other games weren't good for campaign! If they release anything from mechwarrior that makes my 260 cry I'll be happy. :)

Great news! :D

Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries is one of my favorite games of all time. And what a soundtrack :)

Let's hope they do the franchise justice!

Really good interview. It's still in the very early stages, the video on ign is basically something they threw together for the fans to get us excited again, it is not really an official trailer for the game. They are still working on things like getting a publisher, which will determine what kind of budget they have to develop and expand certain parts of the game. They talked briefly about co-op campaign, where they want to be able to have up to 4 people in their own mechs playing in the same lance in story mode. Also they mentioned that even though this new Mechwarrior will also appear on the 360, it will remain an action simulation game like the previous titles. The interview expressed concern that it would have an arcadey feel to make it accessable on the 360. So far so good!

Interesting it's being set in 3015 way before the clans invaded. Still I feel that this is a perfect opportunity to bring back the clan wolf emblem. And did they say 4 player coop?

Last edited:
Mechwarrior 4 and the addons are supposed to be available for free download soon. Would i be at a big disadvantage jus playing with mouse and keyboard and not a joystick?

I've used a joystick since the second game, it works for me. Be careful on line people are very good piloting the light mechs they can run circles around the larger ones and it can be hard to hit them. My favorite strategy was using a Vulture or should I say Mad Dog and sniping them with lrms.

Back