• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well hello all :) Im 25 with a small budget. Credit crunch an all lol (hate that phrase). So this is my new hobby had a bit of a play in the past but thats about it. Built a few computers but nothing amazing.

So iv built something new with the intention of OCing it and seeing what i can get out of it. Iv not bought high end stuff, so if i bust it, its not the end of the world. But id like to see how far i can go. The water cooling looks intresting though. Well im gonna put my spec down and some pointers were to start and what to do would be great. Oh and great site by the way

AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ stock heat sink
XFX MoBo GeForce 8200 (with the SLI thing, not sure on that at mo lol)
XFX GeForce 8500 GT PCI-e graphics card
40gb hard drive (my other drive went bang this morning lol, gotta get another useing the spare drive i had)
AData DDR2 800mhz 4gb memory (2x 2gig dimms)
And 5 fans to keep it all cool.

So hope this is a good place to start :)

Hello im skinless another overclocker.

Ok i introduce my self in the wrong section i guess.:-/
I did it in the folding team section hahaha.

P.S
Sorry about my bad english i am french lol

Ok i am a standard overclocking dude,here is my point of view about overclocking.:burn:

I always overclock every system i got,and i never lost any component due to overclock,chip resistance are always rated higher then what the chip say,to unsure all stability test, that`s my opinion.

My current setup is not a supra setup,but it still a great overclocking setup

Mobo = Asus Crosshair
CPU = Athlon X2 6000+ 3g OC @ 3.23g without problem
2x 1 gb of Crutial Tech mem @ 667Mhz OC @ 717 mhz (15 x 215)5-5-5-15

Video card Radeon X1650 Am not a player & the card overclock pretty well anyway.
1 x WD raptor 150GB 1 x WD 250 GB & 1 x WD 500 GB
Audio an old SB audigy 2 very good old card hahaha

My temp is very good i think.

@ 3g stock speed with stock cooling its 38c idle & 57 c @ full load
@ 3.23g 7% of overclock its 40c idle & 59 c full load

With Orthos it get a bit more heat,i get 61 c while each core are around 72 c which i think its kind of closed to is limit but still very stable at that temp.

Anyway am new in this forum,& i am not a extreme overclocker like some of you.

But i do enjoy the extra speed that my 223 mhz per core give me so all good.:clap:

Oh, I guess I should say hi here!

There seems to be a vast abundance of males and not enough female. So I'm just going to kick start it off! Bring on the ladies! :D

I'm Kelsey. :)

Hello everyone just found this forum site a couple days ago,
very impressive forums, and seems to be a hole lot of info.

Hello

Hi this is flora i am new to this community and glad to be member to this site,,,,

Hey guys....I am a refugee from XS and 411 Overkill....how do I do about joining the Benching Team? Is that the same as the HWBot Team?? Sorry for the n00b questions....

Last edited:
Hey, my name is Brandon. I am an HP Voodoo PC tech and a huge folder (pistolkilla). I am circling the net befriending fellow folders. I mainly reside on the EVGA forms however.

In the coming weekend I will be at the Intel Lanfest and what ever hardware I win will be up for grabs at next years Chimp Challenge.

Currently I am in an ASUS video contest for either a GPU or motherboard.(Depends on what place I get).

I need as many people as possible to rate my video on you tube. If you can help that would be appreciated.

If not, thanks anyway and I look forward to joining the community!

~

Hi, i joined about a week ago but only just found the welcome mat, oops!
Well, i'm a 21yr old student. Just built a budget gaming pc for £200 (the one in my sig). Money is tight but i'm looking to do some upgrading soon.

Everyones been real helpful already :)

Back