• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey guys, new member, well kinda, joined way back in 02, never posted much, then due to being out of the loop for a few years, I stopped back to research my next setup.

current rig

lian li pc-60 (original version, like back in 2001 green and orange led original)
3700+ san diego 2.915ghz
dfi nf4 lanparty
evga 7800gt superclocked
mushkin ddr500
modded x-fi extreme music/usb alien dac sound
150gig raptor/320gig seagate hd's
watercooled, apogee block, hydor l35, BIX

new build parts already here - samsung 2253bw

sound sources feed through my other hobby, headphones, the x-fi feeds either a modded PINT amp or mini^3 v2, while the alien dac feeds a millet max hybrid amp. the final piece of the equation are grado HF-1's and sleek audio sa6's if anyone cares.

seems like a good group of people, so I figured after I refresh my memory and catchup with the latest and greatest I'd stick around the help out the other new folks

hey, been looking around here for a while, finally joined up. glad to be here, and hope to successfully OC my E8500.

Wow, I have been here for a year now and I JUST now noticed this thread :eek: Love it so far, a lot of knowledgeable people here and it seems to get a ton of traffic. I thank you guys for everything I know about computers. :beer: :santa2:

Hey there, I am brand new to this forum. I looked at some other sites but this one for some reason looked more like the type in info I needed. I've been putting Computers together for around 6 years but never gotten into Overclocking. I hope to change that with my new desktop.

Hey there, I am brand new to this forum. I looked at some other sites but this one for some reason looked more like the type in info I needed. I've been putting Computers together for around 6 years but never gotten into Overclocking. I hope to change that with my new desktop.
:welcome:

I hope you find your visits enjoyable and enriching. We pride ourselves in being a diverse community of skills.

Again welcome to the forums and don't be shy to participate here. We do not allow flaming or personal attacks. So feel free to chime in as needed for any help or if you like, helping others.

:thup:

hey guys.

Just recently decided to build myself a custom PC. Its been a while P3/4days when i last built a custom PC. I will start a new thread soon with updates to my entire build process.

Thanks again and I hope I can share some car/tech knowledge in return ^^

yes yes. I'm new as well people. Anybody know the thread where I can post my OC for feedback? for intel's?

[underlined words are ocforums section clickable links]
The Intel section would be the place to get feedback about your Intel processor OC.

If you think it is a motherboard issue. We also have sections for motherboards. If your simply unsure of the issue and can't nail it down there is general hardware. We also have sections for cases and power supplies. If the setup is running to hot or you have questions about cooling. there is also the cooling section.

We aslo have a nice selection of stickies that offer valuable beginner advice. Stickies are on the top of each section.

BTW...

:welcome:

Hi

Found the correct place for the hi i am so so....
i been reading the forums for a long while. thought id finally join.

live in northern california, 31 years old. i have been working with computers

since i was about 15. I am currently CIT for a little computer business in Santa Rosa, CA .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 rigs atm

1) intel core 2 quad Q9550 8GB DDRIII 1333 2 WD VelociRaptor 300GB Striped BFG GTX 260 OC MSI X48 motherboard

2) intel core 2 quad q6600 8gb DDRIII 1600 2 WD VelociRaptor 300GB Striped 2 XFX 8800GTS 640MB EVGA 790iSLi motherboard

I am a complete noob I don't even understand some of the terms you use .

I'm a fast learner though so if you'll bear with me in time I'll catch up .

I do find the site an interesting challenge to attain more knowledge is always a good thing .

Thank you for putting together such a great site . :)

Welcome to O/C Forums :welcome:

Nate the Great

Bojcha

Umber-Rayne

Please observe the following rules. This is for your safety:

Do not feed the carnivores!
Do not make eye contact!
Check your valuables at the front door!
Please keep your hands and other limbs inside
the vehicle at all times!

Thank you and have a pleasant day ;)

Well ive been lurking around these boards for a while but decided to finally reg and kick the bucket with the rest of you fine folks.

Well hello all. I have finally gotten a nice machine and wanted to try some overclocking if needed. I was steered to this forum by some local PC guru's as THE PLACE to get help as an OC n00b. I have built many computers, but never done any benchmarking or overclocking. I run FS2004 and wanted to run FSX so I had to upgrade my system for FSX. I have been known to play CS, DOD, BF1942, and BF2 from time to time, but these have always ran pretty good. FSX on the other hand...

SO anyways, here is the system I am building this weekend

AMD PhenomII x4 940 w/ Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
ASRock A780GXE/128M
8GB OCZ Platinum PC8500
MSI nVidia 9800GT-OC 512MB
Creative SB Audigy SE
Pioneer DVR-115D
80GB WD SATA
250GB WD SATA
Sunbeam 680W
Antec 300 Mid-Tower

Kind of a budget monster, spent less than 600 on the CPU/cooler/Board , PS, DIMM's, and Case. the other stuff is geting transplanted from my old Socket 939 rig that served me faithfully for nearly 4 years...Hopefully one of these days I can buiild an i7Core machine, but I'd have to win the lottery first!

Back