• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hi everyone. i'm new as well.

i'm a korean living in america. i just recently got into learning about computers and i'm looking to have my first build with a evga x58 classified mobo and intel i7 920. hope to learn from you guys a lot, and to reciprocate the service to others as i can

thanks

finally got around to registering. been running this for the past 6 years (folding+gaming):
306.gif

and around July I got around to this:
42122jpg.jpg
maxes out with a 222 blck, and 1900mhz on the ram. cpu has been run up to 4.6ghz with less than 1.35v but the heat gets to it (80-84C cores and 68C CPU), so i never tested for 24/7 stability.

been finding usefully information here whenever i pushed my system for years.

i know this is a welcome thread, but quick question. i've noticed that frequencies always jump around a few tenths, but yet i can pass stress tests all day and never get errors or crash. i have NEVER reinstalled windows on my old system and any benchmark still runs the same speed as it did 6 years ago. some people say its normal, some people say it is still unstable. i would think running a Pentium 4 at the above settings for 6 years i would have found noticed instability from electromigration by now if it was unstable right?

Last edited:
Hey all! I'm new.
i7 rig coming soon, will be posting more often.
I'm a HardForum, OCN user mostly but this place is pretty cool :)

I just joined today. I'm an experienced overclocker and I hope to contribute to this forum as much as possible and to help everyone. :)

Hello everyone. I am newly interested in building my own machine and eventually oc'ing it. I'd like to say thank you to the members of this forum for sharing knowledge with me and I hope to become very well versed in hardware. I am The Guyver 1.

Oh, right.. I suppose OnDBorder gave me the green light and welcomed me to the forum; I wasn't aware there was a welcome thread so I've been here for the past week or so. Anyway, hey, I'm Ian and I have enough questions to drive everyone here insane.

Welcome to OCF The Guyver 1 & WayOut! :welcome:

Don't worry about questions, they are fuel for most of us. It's why we're here after all!

Another new member! I hail out of Hawaii and have been building computers for about a year now. Working on a beast of my own now and just recently built two others. I love the challenge of building on OCing and look forward to using the forum's wealth of information.

Hey everyone!

I'm new to building PC's and new to performance computing in general... Wanted to say hi and get some feedback on my new setup.

I'd been working off a Macbook 2.16 for two years and change, so this is a welcome advance:

CM Storm Scout case
AMD PhenomII 550 x2 3.1ghz
4g G.SKILL ddr3 ram
Alpine Cooler freezer pro 7 rev.2
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO mobo
BFG GS-550w psu
Hitachi 1tb hd
running windows 7

4286428457_394fe1e1c7.jpg
4286428431_edca384045.jpg
4286428387_0c4bdc944e.jpg
4286428365_f42a0594e4.jpg
4286428391_bcd4ff38dd.jpg

I have plans for a graphics card(not entirely necessary for what I'm doing with this machine) and cable management, perhaps better cooling if I want to overclock beyond the EVO's autoclocking... which right now is not what I want... I need this thing to be rock solid reliable more than I need it to push any performance barriers.

I really just need this computer to blaze through batch photo processing, so I don't really want it to be super fast. I plan on more drives(hopefully a solid state for OS and apps) and an integrated card reader/temp readout.

Any suggestions on good photo editing setups or improvements are welcome, and I'm very into the CM Storm line and this Scout case. Hope to learn a lot from you guys!

Also, I'm totally nuts for pictures, so always feel free to talk to me about that.

Thanks for reading!

Back