• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just making sure, when you installed fah v7 did you go into "configure" then "identity" and enter all your info there as well? Again, just making sure.

I changed over to v7 and put my name, team number(32), and passkey in but it looks like all of my recent work is just going to team 0.

Does anybody have some guesses about what I broke? Googling did not save me :eek: This usually means I've ignored an instruction.

V7 client has a configuration file it reads, every time it starts. By default, it's located at: (with your userName instead of mine naturally)

C:\Users\adak\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient\config.xml

Looks like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<config> 
<!-- FahCore Control -->
 <checkpoint v="30"/> 
<!-- Network -->
 <proxy v=":8080"/> 
<!-- User Information -->
 <passkey v="3b11............................"/> <team v="32"/> <user v="Adak"/>
 <!-- Folding Slots -->
 <slot type="SMP" id="0"/> </config>

See if you have that file, in that location, and what content it has. Also, check that you have just ONE version of that file, not two.

I appreciate the help, that file is there and looking right, just more slot IDs. Anyway my latest GPU submission worked out after I made very sure of my information earlier so I take it that it defaults to 0 when I'm wrong.

I'll restock the fridge while I'm here. I think you guys will really enjoy this purple koolaid I've been drinking today.

I appreciate the help, that file is there and looking right, just more slot IDs. Anyway my latest GPU submission worked out after I made very sure of my information earlier so I take it that it defaults to 0 when I'm wrong.

I'll restock the fridge while I'm here. I think you guys will really enjoy this purple koolaid I've been drinking today.

Yes, zero is the default team.

Your team number should be showing in the first page of V7 in the identity block. Info on your slots should be visible as well, either on the first page, or select either user mode Advanced or Expert (upper right hand corner), and then click on "Configure", and click on the Slots tab.

If you don't have a passkey yet, be sure to get one.

We will be racing (it's a team folding race), in May (4th is set up, race starts on the 5th), so I really hope you'll consider joining us - it's fun! :clap:

I've got no idea if I've posted already, but I joined the team not too long ago, fold when I'm at school, work, not playing games, web browsing, etc.

Not that much of a folding system, but it's something at least. I'm folding on the system in my signature, and plan to get a 600 series nvidia graphics card for folding. I might even be able to buy it before the race starts!

I use the beta client.

I've got no idea if I've posted already, but I joined the team not too long ago, fold when I'm at school, work, not playing games, web browsing, etc.

Not that much of a folding system, but it's something at least. I'm folding on the system in my signature, and plan to get a 600 series nvidia graphics card for folding. I might even be able to buy it before the race starts!

I use the beta client.

:welcome: SkyChotik!
(I believe you were here previously, but not sure, either).

Isn't that V7 client the best thing since sliced bread? :D It's had a few new releases, so keep your eye out for upgrades once in a while.

Also, HFM monitoring software, now reads the V7 client output, so that's a big plus. HFM does everything but shine your shoes, as a monitoring program, if you're not familiar with it.

That new video card idea sounds ideal - for gaming and the race. :clap:

Hi, My name is WarriorII,

I'm a Folding adict.... well I was, but I've fallen off of the wagon.
So here I am, looking for a fix.

I was wondering what GPU client is out and where I can find some... uh, the gpu client that is. ;) and what Windows 7 client is good for a Dual core these days?

Will be upgrading in the near future to a (don't laugh) Q6600, and then onto a completely new system build. Something like a i7 2600 and GPU, under water.
...if I can keep the case sealed and not leak on the floor. :eek:

Thanks,
:attn:
WII

Hi, My name is WarriorII,

I'm a Folding adict.... well I was, but I've fallen off of the wagon.
So here I am, looking for a fix.

I was wondering what GPU client is out and where I can find some... uh, the gpu client that is. ;) and what Windows 7 client is good for a Dual core these days?

Will be upgrading in the near future to a (don't laugh) Q6600, and then onto a completely new system build. Something like a i7 2600 and GPU, under water.
...if I can keep the case sealed and not leak on the floor. :eek:

Thanks,
WII

Just get the v7 beta client. Its all-in-one.

And don't do the under water pc. It's very overrated. Just liquid cool your pc with a nice kit.

Thanks Sky,

I'm sure I'll have a few more questions along the way.

This will get me started tonight, Start adding to that 4.2 mil I once had.

Last edited:
Just joined the folding team today, finished my first WU, almost done with my second.

:welcome: to the team, LoganG! This is your stats web page, on the stats page we generally use:
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=611046

And you can give yourself a "F@H Team 32" banner for right above your avatar, in your profile.

Some extra info for you, perhaps. Feel free to join us in the (main) folding forum area - start a thread, comment on a post, whatever.

We're pleased as punch to have you with us.

(And we have a team folding race coming up quite soon, and YOU are invited to join in (of course!) ).

More info later, but it's called the Chimp Challenge, and it is scheduled to start on May 5th (tentatively), with our set up on May 1st thru May 4th (easy to do).

To All New or Returning Folders:

Getting a good start is easy:

1). Our download site with step by step instructions for the new V7 folding client:
https://fah-web.stanford.edu/projects/FAHClient/

And click on the "download" logo. Then choose the client for your operating system.

For Windows users, V7 uses a set up wizard:
View attachment 105031

2). Get a passkey from Stanford, and a name that is unique on our team. Having two folders using the same handle, on the same team, is confusing.
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py

If you don't get a passkey, you WILL be missing out on a lot of points.

3). Our team number is 32, and our team stats are here:
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=32

Search for your folding name, using the search tool, on the left hand side of that page. Your results will show only AFTER you have begun returning results. Bookmark your page! :thup:

The stats site is updated every three hours. Stanford F@Home needs about 1 hour to process your returned work unit (wu). More up-to-date data, is here:
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userstats

4) Keep an eye on your temps. Use a monitoring program that your motherboard recommends (many supply a monitoring program with your mobo), or one of the monitoring freeware programs: Coretemp, Realtemp, etc., available from any of several download depots.

A clean and cool folding rig, is a happy folding rig. :D

5) Our sticky thread has a LOT of info:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664162

And come join us in the forum! :welcome:

About to finish my 2nd WU, thanks for the warm welcomes, I will fold as often as possible.

That banner looks great! Get comfortable with your folding, is my advice. Except for the race in May (for 10 days), it's a long marathon project, instead of a sprint. Make it fun and you'll go far. :clap:

Hi guys, been on the forum almost a year. I've been folding on and off since then as well. Just decided to let you guys know that I've began to fold for Team 32!

Back