• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
C.

No CPU, only the GPU(s), as your CPU won't make a lot of points but uses a lot of power comparatively (PPD /W) and slows down the GPU a bit, too (see posts directly above yours). Each GPU needs one full core for best results. You can run B, but, to me, it's not worth the PPD for the W used.

Not new guy—but long enough to inquire here (I remembered how to use the search tool 😅🤣)

So—to maximize PPD, do I:
A) let the client run both CPU and GPU as is
B) run both, but try to keep two cores open (x1 for the GPU and x1 open for general use as needed
Or C) no CPU only run my GPUs?
From tests done, no CPU to max the GPU, unless you have a few super computers :)

Not new guy—but long enough to inquire here (I remembered how to use the search tool 😅🤣)

So—to maximize PPD, do I:
A) let the client run both CPU and GPU as is
B) run both, but try to keep two cores open (x1 for the GPU and x1 open for general use as needed
Or C) no CPU only run my GPUs?
GPU only....and trust me it's been asked and confirmed 100 times. The CPU client isn't worth running if you have a decent Nvidia GPU.

Finally took the time to install the client & control gui on my Arch desktop & configure it to boost the team. Will end up being shut off for about 10 days starting tomorrow, but I will have it back up again when I get back from vacation.

Finally took the time to install the client & control gui on my Arch desktop & configure it to boost the team. Will end up being shut off for about 10 days starting tomorrow, but I will have it back up again when I get back from vacation.
Welcome to the team there are lots of cool people here at team 32. :clap: :clap:

Welcome to the team there are lots of cool people here at team 32. :clap: :clap:
Thanks!

Also, need a bit of help making sure the client works for my GPU as well. I just added it as a slot, but it's currently showing as disabled. I installed `opencl-driver` from the `opencl-clover-mesa` repo, but it's still disabled, even after pausing & restarting the client. I have a Ryzen 7900X & Radeon RX 6700XT.

Screenshot:

1711667214248.png

Thanks!

Also, need a bit of help making sure the client works for my GPU as well. I just added it as a slot, but it's currently showing as disabled. I installed `opencl-driver` from the `opencl-clover-mesa` repo, but it's still disabled, even after pausing & restarting the client. I have a Ryzen 7900X & Radeon RX 6700XT.

Screenshot:

View attachment 365612
Just change it to gpu only in configure settings.

I lost my WU. and I can't get the GPU enabled. Note that I am running this on Arch Linux, so I might need to install additional packages/drivers that I'm not aware of.

1711668648727.png

Welcome to the team, you can check your stats and team stats here--> EOC Stats
Also what is your folding name, it's hard to see in your screen shots :)

Last edited:
Back