• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you are running windows, could be that the windows version does not support more than 32 threads on a single task.

Best to use the most current version of the FAH software.

You might check your fah logs to verify how many threads are being used by each wu. Possible that limited supply of projects available for 32 threads, the assigned wu are using less threads, and there might be some other optimum for slot config.

I do not have any hardware with more than 12 threads, but setting cpu 7 on fah v7.5.1 results in the software changing to non-prime cpu 6. Example in FAH log below, the CPU 7 set in the config is displayed as "-np 7" and software auto-changed to 6 threads. In case you are wondering why/how a cpu slot would be setup with 7 threads. A quad core cpu with HT enabled has 8 threads and a default FAH install on a host with one GPU will set up a CPU slot with n-1 threads (7), which may not have any valid assignments. However, the v7.5.1 FAH software is able to auto-negotiate with the assignment server until a workable thread count is reached for available project. The older versions of the FAH software are not able to negotiate thread count and the slot will remain idle, if no project meets the request.

Code:
01:41:34:WU00:FS00:Running FahCore: /usr/bin/FAHCoreWrapper /var/lib/fahclient/cores/cores.foldingathome.org/v7/lin/64bit/Core_a7.fah/FahCore_a7 -dir 00 -suffix 01 -version 705 -lifeline 1947 -checkpoint 4 -np 7
01:41:34:WU00:FS00:Started FahCore on PID 16462
01:41:34:WU00:FS00:Core PID:16466
01:41:34:WU00:FS00:FahCore 0xa7 started

01:41:35:WU00:FS00:0xa7:Digital signatures verified
01:41:35:WU00:FS00:0xa7:Reducing thread count from 7 to 6 to avoid domain decomposition by a prime number > 3
01:41:35:WU00:FS00:0xa7:Calling: mdrun -s frame11.tpr -o frame11.trr -cpi state.cpt -cpt 4 -nt 6
01:41:35:WU00:FS00:0xa7:Steps: first=5500000 total=500000
01:41:36:WU00:FS00:0xa7:Completed 53092 out of 500000 steps (10%)

Interesting results DaPoets. I read a rumor article that Zen3 (4000 series) will possibly increase floating point performance by 50% from Zen2 (3000 series). That should provide another big bump in FaH performance. Folding on these CPU's is starting to make a little bit of sense as they get cheaper per core and more efficient

Hello, I just joined the site and currently folding and wanted to join overclockers.com's team. Under floding@home do I just enter the teams #?

Thanks!

Been folding for a bit now for team 32. Not sure if I've posted here or not. FINALLY got all GPUs up and folding. Forgot how loud their fans are. :)

Well it seems I haven't wandered off (as cats tend to do), so...hello everybody!

After looking for aliens for 20 years it looks like I've landed here.

(Ryzen 3950X @ 4.3, 2x 980ti hydro, 2x 2080 Super hydro all swimming at various overclocks in one giant stupid custom water loop)

Well it seems I haven't wandered off (as cats tend to do), so...hello everybody!

(Ryzen 3950X @ 4.3, 2x 980ti hydro, 2x 2080 Super hydro all swimming at various overclocks in one giant stupid custom water loop)

We appreciate having you here. We'll understand if you head back should SETI restart but until then, you'll always be welcomed here. You've made some big jumps in production. WTF!!! WOOT!

That's a hell of an opening salvo. Glad to have you aboard!

I just started folding again. It's been so long since I last folded I can't remember how long ago that was. When I last folded it was for Team #12912 DevFolding. That was for www.devhardware.com. Unfortunately, that website folded years ago. I did remember my old folding Name so I am using it again.

Back