• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New mini-itx gaming build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brubru

Hi!

Even though I consider myself a gamer I've never had a real up-to-date gaming pc and have always gotten the consoles just before the next-gen is rolling out.

My current pc specs are:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+
Motherboard: ASUS M2A-MX
GPU: GTS 450 512mb
Ram: 3gb DDR2

Today I ordered a new PC and I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

The specs are as following:

Case: Cooler Master Elite 120
PSU: Corsair CX 500W PSU
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K
Motherboard: ASUS H81I-PLUS
GPU: MSI GTX 750Ti Gaming 2GB
RAM: Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda® 1TB

Price about 1000$, but everything is really expensive where I live, compared to the wages it is not that expensive.

I know I can't overclock with that motherboard but the unlocked CPU was at the same price as the locked one. Also worth mentioning is that i play on my old "HD-ready" 32" TV with maximum resolution of 1360x768.

What performance increase can I expect? And how will my gaming experience be? Happy for any input!

With that jump, you will definitely notice a significant improvement in gaming. Only thing I would have advised is getting an SSD in there.

With that jump, you will definitely notice a significant improvement in gaming. Only thing I would have advised is getting an SSD in there.

It was a compromise. It would of course be nice with an SSD but I also need the space for pictures and I can't afford both at the moment. Will an SSD-upgrade in the future fit in the case?

If it doesn't, you can just put some velcro on it and stick it somewhere. SSDs have no moving parts and don't generate much heat so you can place it anywhere. I think that case does have a slot for it though.

256GB SSDs show up for less than $150 regularly, even down to $120 or so. Worth the investment :thup:

Back