• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New OCZ Powersupplies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gautam said:
Big question is, how many $$$ is this gonna set you back?

Ryan gives a very rough estimate of $149 for OCZ's highest end 520W unit, not out yet. I would guess that the 420W unit would come in at the $79-99 range. It would be a high price, but at least you get OCZ's very responsive support.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33654

Tagan sells their high-end 480W unit for about $79.

Actually these are Topower made like Tagan, Vantec, and BeQuiet. From what I've seen, these are some of the better Topower units out there. Tagan is more a cousin to OCZ than a parent ;)

Our Powerstream PSU actually uses components typically reserved for server PSU units, meaning that they are of the highest quality. I am personally using our PSU at the moment and I love it. The only thing I don't like is green loom on the ATX main cable, but that is being addressed, I believe. Everything on our PSU is solid, from the casing to the internal componentry. We also rate our PSU based on sustained power output, not peak output. IE our 520 Watt may be able to peak at 620 Watts, but we rate based on sustained voltage capability.

SeanOMatic said:
Our Powerstream PSU actually uses components typically reserved for server PSU units, meaning that they are of the highest quality. I am personally using our PSU at the moment and I love it. The only thing I don't like is green loom on the ATX main cable, but that is being addressed, I believe. Everything on our PSU is solid, from the casing to the internal componentry. We also rate our PSU based on sustained power output, not peak output. IE our 520 Watt may be able to peak at 620 Watts, but we rate based on sustained voltage capability.
Dats what I like to hear. Good work lads, on a nice new product.

SeanOMatic said:

What temperature is the max power rated at?

Very nice PSU's...I particularly like the fact that the 3.3v rail can be turned up to 3.8v!!!! :attn: It seems like a very nice setup. The only thing I would classify as "con" would be the lack of sleeving on the molex cables...they did the 2 SATA & ATX, they should go ahead & do th erest.

Mr.Radar said:
That'd fry anything that used the 3.3v rail! See the orange link in my sig for information on voltages.

Thats a nice schematic, but how is this going to tell me about "frying anything on the 3.3v line?"

Mr.Radar said:
If you adjusted the rail to 3.8 volts you would fry everything connected to the 3.3v line.

How do you know? Do you think they would release a power supply that would fry everything? The above voltage tolerances are higher than you think...on all psu rails.

Back