• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New overclocker here. Looking for advice on how to overclock my 9900k.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes, but the free version is limited to 2GB so you have to run it multiple times to cover the whole RAM

- run AIDA64 FPU/CPU or Prime95 small FFT for ~1h+ to test CPU max temps and stability under full load
- run AIDA64 memory/cache or Prime95 blend for ~1h+ to test memory and IMC stability
- run 3D tests and mixed load tests to check general stability and behavior in typical tasks (can be realbench too)

During daily work CPU won't heat up as much as in stability tests. It can still show instability while playing games etc.

I ran aida64 for about 45 minutes but had to stop for college. Temps were hovering in the low to mid 80's sometime it would spike to 90 or 92 but quickly drop back down. Screenshot (4).png Is this normal? I am currently running aida64 cache/memory stress test now.

Did you install AISuite? Having multiple programs which asccess the sensor info can cause system crashes. Like corsairlink/aisuite and AIDA64

Nothing has crashed yet. Well nothing has crashed during stress testing, what happened last night is still a mystery to me. I am thinking I changed a bios setting on accident and it caused that problem, but whatever it was its now fixed. I hope lol. I do have AISuite installed but use corsair link to monitor my temps and to adjust my fan profiles. It seams to be the most accurate in this department.

Last edited:
Nothing has crashed yet. I do have AISuite installed but use corsair link to monitor my temps and to adjust my fan profiles. It seams to be the most accurate in this department.

Personally I would uninstall AISuite and then remove it completely with help from this link https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95038-AI-Suite-3-cleaner
If you're not using it then it really is better if you remove it. It will always run in the background if you don't and as I said could very well have been partially reponsible for the blue screen that you had

Personally I would uninstall AISuite and then remove it completely with help from this link https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95038-AI-Suite-3-cleaner
If you're not using it then it really is better if you remove it. It will always run in the background if you don't and as I said could very well have been partially reponsible for the blue screen that you had

Yea I read about people having problems with AISuite before. I'm going to uninstall it here soon. Thanks for the info.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Screenshot (5).png

And use that cleaner I linked it dig all the little lefover bits out

Looks like you're doing great! Any reason you backed off the 5.0 / 1.26v? Do you have a way to detect if the CPU is thermally throttling at all? You might not notice and have it look like temps are good.

How is the H100 doing? Looks like it's getting loud, but otherwise doing great on temps! That 9900k is one hot little devil.

Yea it was set at 1.27v @5ghz and the avx I think was the name of it was set at 1 and I do believe because of the avx instructions it throttled back to 4.9. It has been stable at 5ghz during gameplay with anthem.

Yea it was set at 1.27v @5ghz and the avx I think was the name of it was set at 1 and I do believe because of the avx instructions it throttled back to 4.9. It has been stable at 5ghz during gameplay with anthem.

Nice!

It is Christmas. Just got my 2080 woot!! Ever try to play a game like Anthem at 18 to 28 fps? It sucks.
Screenshot (6).png
I guess Anthem runs with avx instructions? But definitely need to adjust my fan profile. Right now in that screen shot my H100 fans are running damn near 100 percent and are pretty loud lol. Thank god for headphones. It also jumped up from 20 fps on low settings to near 100 fps on ultra settings.
Screenshot (7).png
This is with a balanced fan profile.

Last edited:
Ok ran into problem while playing anthem. Had bsod attempted to write to read only memory. Intelppm.sys.

- run AIDA64 FPU/CPU or Prime95 small FFT for ~1h+ to test CPU max temps and stability under full load
- run AIDA64 memory/cache or Prime95 blend for ~1h+ to test memory and IMC stability
- run 3D tests and mixed load tests to check general stability and behavior in typical tasks (can be realbench too)

During daily work CPU won't heat up as much as in stability tests. It can still show instability while playing games etc.

Have you followed these guidelines for stress testing? Will help you determine the cause of instability and thus which voltage to adjust. Are you running your memory at XMP?

Have you followed these guidelines for stress testing? Will help you determine the cause of instability and thus which voltage to adjust. Are you running your memory at XMP?

Yes sir, I have done all of that. My memory is being ran at xmp 1.
Also should I run my avx offset at 1?

Back