• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New RAM, PC seems sluggish

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kilaq

Registered
Hi guys,

I decided to add more ram to my system, i now have 16gb x G-skill ripjaws ddr 1866 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Skill-Rip...T5DI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350755080&sr=8-1)

I went from having 8gb of this exact same ram.

However my system seems to have went sluggish when gaming and even on boot up. So just wanted to check if i have settings correct.

Using CPU-Z i get the following info:
DRAM Freq: 805.4mhz
FSb-dram: 1.4

I'm not the best when it comes to system settings :p so if i missed anything let me know.

If CPU-Z is showing 805.4 as the current DRAM frequency, then the effective freq. is DDR3-1600 at a 1:4 FSB : DRAM ratio (800MHz x 2). This implies a FSB of 200MHz, so depending on the chip either enable the DDR3-1866 XMP profile, manually change the DRAM frequency to DDR3-1866, or increase the FSB / BCLK / HT ref. clock to a value necessary to run the modules at their rated frequency on a specific divider.

Back