• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[New Revised] Windows SMP2 v6.34 Install Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm getting ~20% more PPD with a Linux guest VM and v6.34 over the windows client. Just sayin' :attn:

Quick question.

I'm thinking of running this on my home computer instead of having a heater on for the winter, I figure more efficient to crunch numbers and heat up the room at the same time right?

But from what I'm reading it seems like it wouldn't be a good idea to run this specific client for lets say 10 hour stretches at a time, right? This is best for 24/7? Is it still doable in short term?

From the guide:

The SMP client is a HIGH PERFORMANCE CLIENT and as such it should not be installed if you are not going to run it 24/7/365 or at less than 100% cpu usage.

If you've already installed it per the guide and aren't running 24/7, removing the -smp flag will cause the 6.34 client to download and run uniprocessor WUs. You can run more than one uniprocessor WU simultaneously by installing the 6.34 client a second, third or fourth time, each in a seperate directory, each with a unique machine ID.

Back