• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Tbred 1800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pouey

I just got a new Tbred 1800, KX7-333 and PC2700 Ram. My ram is good up until about 190FSB, but my CPU poops out around 1800mhz. I don't understand, I'm cooling with a SLK-800 and temps are really good. Maybe I'm not doing something right in the bios? Any suggestions guys?

Try relaxing the RAM timings perhaps?
Also, have you got any PCI cards that may be holding it back?

David

I've tested the Ram at 190mhz and a low multi and it works fine. It has to be my CPU i think.

Whats the stepping of that Tbred? I have an AIRGA 1700+ Tbred that is fairly new but still doesn't do as well as the AIUCB or AIUGB chips. Its possible you have an older stepping like AIRGA.

like hdj asked have you upped the vcore at all?

my tbred will only go a little higher than 1800mhz usin 1.5v so crank the vcore to 1.75v or so and get over 2ghz

My stepping is AIUGA. I have the Vcore at 1.75 when it runs 1800mhz and it still craps out. Guess I just have bad luck.
:mad:

Ram isn't crapping out, I can run it at 190mhz, it's Samsung 2700. The Power supply is an Enlight 300W. The temps aren't that bad, they never go over 50 at full load.

Pouey said:
Ram isn't crapping out, I can run it at 190mhz, it's Samsung 2700. The Power supply is an Enlight 300W. The temps aren't that bad, they never go over 50 at full load.

Concerning that samsung memory, you may want to read this.

Well, I just relapped my heatsink and my temps are 26 idle, 30 load. I'm gonna keep messing with this proc, how would i know if it's the PSU? My rails aren't going low if thats what would indicate it.

update

Update!!!! With new temps, just loaded into windows at 1980mhz. About to run prime. Can't wait to see if I can break 2ghz!! I'll keep you guys posted!:) :D

Another update! I'm excited as hell. Running 2002mhz. Just put on my 7v mod so my tornado isn't so loud. Running 35C at full load. I'm in the 2ghz Club! :D

Lol... congrats. I retract my previous statement... looks like all AIUGA's will hit 2K. :D

I don't think mine will hit 2GHz...
1700+ TBred A......

Well.. maybe I'm able to hit 2GHz with a better Cooler...
But I hate noise...
Water Cooler... too expansive... I can buy 2400+ with that money.

I'll check out this CPU's limit with Zalman Cooler.. 1.9Ghz cculd be possible with 2600RPM of full fan speed.. It worked but unstable with 2000RPM... It also required 1.75v core voltage... (Actuall voltage was 1.85v according to ASUS Probe)

Back