• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to modding, little help plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alto2x

Registered
Hey guys,

Im a little new to this whole modding culture *if you can even call it that* well anyways, i got a dremmel from a friend who never uses it and was planning on cutting up my old case into a kool design. Is there anything I should know before I start on this project??? any tips from some of you hardcore modders.

The system kinda sucks, its a campaq evo p4 1.5 with a burnt out powersupplie that would cost me 300$CAN to replace so i might as well play around with it...

Im thinking of putting the Fox Racing logo on the side pannel or somthing like that...

thanks guys...

With the dremmel make sure you don't use too much force in the sideways direction. I guess this would be for cutting since you have to go sideways to actually cut with it lol. I almost burnt out my dad's dremmel doing that sshhh.. he doesn't know :eek:

Don't be afraid to use too many cutting wheels. Oh yea, and don't try to cut small circles, I heard it isn't pretty when the cutting discs shatter. :eek:

take your time draw out ur desing on the case, speed cuts not the force :D. take ur time like others said and cut the opposite way the dremel is turning ie if the dremel is turnign clock wise and your holding it in ur right hand with the blade turnign on the left of ur right hand (clockwise) move down other wise it can go all out of control and wreck ur case(which means sanding invovled)!

if possible to keep the looks of the case, cut on the reverse side. Helps if you have a annodised case like me! :D

I highly recommend you use the fiberglass reinforced cutting disks, I've had a few of the AlO disks shatter, but never a fiberglass one. Also, make sure you DEFINITELY wear safety goggles..........you never know when one will shatter, and since you usually have your face close to the dremel to make nice cuts, goggles are a must,,,,

Yeah, i'd suggest goggles or something over your eyes. I was cutting an aluminum heatsink with a dremmel and some shavings missed my eyes by about 1/500 of an inch, so thats when i got my glasses out lol

Back