• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to ryzen! 3800x questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Prime 95 is the piece of choice.
Real bench is really good as well (real life stress test), but keep your GU@stock, as GPU instability gives error and stop the stress test.
You can also use Aida64 (though I am not fond of it myself, too easy on the CPU IMO...).

I also really like OCCT as a stress tester. It has built-in temp and voltage monitors and also gives you the ability to enable AVX and/or AVX 2. It will also test the stability of the GPU with furmark if you want.

I prefer AIDA64. Most of anything else is TOO overkill for my uses. I don't need the stability P95/OCCT/Linpack may provide over AIDA (which also uses AVX).

It will also test the stability of the GPU with furmark if you want.
Please don't use this. :)

Furmark, especially on NV cards, lowers the clocks by HUNDREDS of MHz just so it can run under the power limit. If you are testing an overclock... or hell, even stock, how does testing core clocks and voltages so much different than where you run help? Loop 3DMarks... Unigine Superposition... etc.

Remember, both AMD and NV have called this a "power virus" and suggested not to use it.

thanks again for the help everyone! here's what i got after about an hour stress test. default settings on cpu & gpu with the memory set with docp.

stress test.png

any other tips for the cpu? everything is running great btw.

i was having an issue with COD, it would crash on me starting only a warzone match. kept giving weird random errors about directx. then after messing around it said something about having problems with paging file size as i set that (my mistake, just old habbits with older systems i guess) anyways...... put it to default and everythings been fine since.

Get your temps down a bit when running a heavy load. I'm not familiar with the new corsair coolers by my old one had a button that change the fan performance for better cooling. Your within specs but with a core / package temp of 89*C your getting up there.

just noticed this going on.....

ive checked out all the wires and reattached everything and still getting this. fans are on and spinning, pump is showing up fine. wtf???

the fans are intermittently showing up

fans.png

Last edited:
just did some searching around and found that it was the hwinfo software that was throwing it off. turned off autostart, restarted and its fine now. found a setting in hwinfo called corsairlink and asetek support and turned it off. working good now

Last edited:
Get your temps down a bit when running a heavy load. I'm not familiar with the new corsair coolers by my old one had a button that change the fan performance for better cooling. Your within specs but with a core / package temp of 89*C your getting up there.

i have everything set to extreme. they should be going at max. games dont reach too high it seems. hits like 80-83

using xmp it is setting the voltage to 1.35 for dram. im assuming since thats what its setting it to, it should be safe?

using xmp it is setting the voltage to 1.35 for dram. im assuming since thats what its setting it to, it should be safe?
That's normal for your RAM. When you set XMP the voltage was increased to 1.35.

At Corsair's website
CMW32GX4M2D3600C18
SPD Speed: 2133MHz
SPD Voltage: 1.2V
Tested Speed: 3600
Tested Voltage: 1.35

BTW, my RAM voltage also increased to 1.35 when I set DOCP (aka XMP)

I have the following RAM:
GSkill Flair X #F4-3200C16D-32GFX 32GB(2x16GB) DDR4-3200
SPD Speed: 2133 MT/s (Default)
SPD Voltage: 1.20V (Default)
Tested Speed: 3200 MT/s (XMP/EXPO)
Tested Voltage: 1.35V (XMP/EXPO)

Back