• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to water cooling - 47.0°C OK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HankB

Hi folks,
Earlier today I made the jump to water cooling by installing a (supposedly) refurbished Corsair 110 in my signature system.

A smarter person than me would have made a note of temperatures before swapping over. :rolleyes: Right now this is what I'm getting at idle (about 3% CPU load.) Ambient is about 19°C
Code:
Physical id 0:  +28.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 0:         +26.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 1:         +25.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 2:         +25.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 3:         +24.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

While folding it comes up a bit. That's with 1 core for the GPU and 6 CPU cores.
Code:
Physical id 0:  +47.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 0:         +44.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 1:         +47.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 2:         +45.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 3:         +43.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

My recollection is that it was 10 to 20°C warmer in air. Does that sound right?

Do these temperatures look reasonable? At the moment this is running standard clocks. I'd like to let it 'run in' a bit before I start ratcheting things up.

Thanks!

Yup, looks good. Your Delta-Temps look about right for the AIO.

Thanks for the feedback.

I forgot to mention that if fit easily into the HAF XB in the upper front with fans on the outside of the frame and radiator on the inside. It's pretty clear the case was designed for a radiator in that location. I could upgrade to push-pull by adding a couple of fans in the inside as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

I forgot to mention that if fit easily into the HAF XB in the upper front with fans on the outside of the frame and radiator on the inside. It's pretty clear the case was designed for a radiator in that location. I could upgrade to push-pull by adding a couple of fans in the inside as well.
Yep, that is where I put mine years ago in the XB. :)

You can do push pull... but why? You chasing after every degree C? I wouldn't worry about for your uses as your temps are more than fine.

Your temps are good.

On my 5820K with an H110i GTX I get a delta T of about 11 C on the AIO temp with 150 W of processor power. (I think the difference between H110 and H110i is that the "i" says it works with Corsair Link).

If you are looking to go push/pull with the H110, the only real gain you will see is reduced noise. I tried a lot of fan combinations on mine, and the high airflow did not do much to reduce temps. I ended up going with the Prolimatech fans (in my signature) in push/pull as they were quiet and give good results.

I'm not chasing every degree C...just trying to keep the system quiet.

IIRC, I've seen some data recently that someone posted here showing 5c+ difference from single to P/P configuration, maybe even 10c. I think it comes down to the user's budget. If they're able to dish out the funds for P/P, by all means have it at. For me, it's not worth it because I don't have $400+ laying around JUST for x18 P/P radiators fans. :bang head Of course this would be fans at $19.99 a pop and that doesn't include shipping either. I might be changing my 9 rad fans from the Helix 120 PWM to the Darkside PWM GTs. Still waiting on an e-mail confirmation from Modmymods if they are basically the same AP-15s from before, performance wise and audibles. AFAIK, AP-15s are still the king of the mountain.

Back