• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

~New trojan virus spreading through AOL~~

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
then those user should have anti-virus software and if they dont after they get infected! ARGH!

i think that is almost a standard in any new computer now is anti virus software .

chances are if you build your own system you know to protect yoursel f- this is why places like dell/gateway and such now come with 90 day trials or other variations of anti-virus software.

and it is then the persons responsibility to keep it updated or go get a free one!

i do support for a living and some people i talk to really scare me - it is not about they have not learned yet or dont know how computers or the internet works - they simply do not have the brain capacity to think common sense!

Mr.Guvernment said:
then those user should have anti-virus software and if they dont after they get infected! ARGH!

thats why i didn't get infected :p . i honestly thought the link was safe because it was within the chat window from a trusted friend. norton stopped the download before it got to my hard drive.

thank God for norton

once again AOL screws their customers over, first with incredibly expensive dial-up, then with incredibly SLOW dial-up, now with the trojans...i really hope that AOL fails horribly and goes bankrupt and time warner tells em not too let the door hit them on their fat @SS on the way out

This only affects AIM/AOL right? (the programs)

Cause I use Trillian... and... yeah...

Only AIM/AOL right?

you are still able to get the virus, you just will not be able to spread it to others if you do not use AOL or AIM.

Does anybody have any information on any newer versions of this? I tried some of the directions I've found, but some people seem to have a different variation. As in, there is no b.exe process running or any executables labeled as b.exe.

dalilman52 said:
once again AOL screws their customers over, first with incredibly expensive dial-up, then with incredibly SLOW dial-up, now with the trojans...i really hope that AOL fails horribly and goes bankrupt and time warner tells em not too let the door hit them on their fat @ss on the way out

i beleive AOL broadbadn last years lost sales and was in dept and Warner was ready to sell it off, but of course soemthing happened, cant recall what and they kept it.

Back