• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New trying to OC fx-6100 3.3 GHz to 3.8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Could you recommend a better card that would match up better with what I have? I spent 130 on that card 3 or 4 months ago from microcenter and from what I have been reading it was probably a mistake. Could I get a good card for under or around 200?

actually I might be able to return the one I have so I could be over 200...

Yes, I think you can get a pretty decent card for around $200. The one you have only has a 128-bit memory interface. It's kind of a mid-range card. Let me do some looking and I'll get back to you.

Check these over. All have 256-bit memory interface but some have only 1 gb of ram and some 2 gb which may or may not be important depending on the size of your monitor and the resolution you use. Read the reviews carefully and see what the strong and weak points are of each card. Look at rebates, etc. Take some of the reviews with a grain of salt because there are no lack of technological idiot reviews on NewEgg. Any of these cards would be an improvement over what you have. Maybe someone on the forum who is more of a PC gamer and really video card savvy could chime in at this point. The cards I have linked below are might be looked at as upper mid range cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...50-641^14-150-641-TS,14-150-656^14-150-656-TS

You can try that but my feeling is you probably won't be able to get much extra performance by doing so. MSI Afterburner is a popular GPU overclocking utility. But be careful. Video cards are easier to fry than CPUs.

Back