• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new water cooling rad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Digikey usually likes to sell in bulk, or at least you get a better price that way.

A monsta 560 or even the ut560 will perform very good, they have low density fpi because the are thick, and in order to be easier for common fans to drive air through.
For fans i would say EK-Vardar EVO 140ER Black BB (500-2000rpm) or Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC - 2000 pwm, with these you are guaranteed that no push/pull is needed.

im currently using noctua nf-a12x25, what rpm fans should i use if i go with a push config? what would be the next step up from the nf-14's i do like my crruent noctua fans.

Last edited:
im currently using noctua nf-a12x25, what rpm fans should i use if i go with a push config?
The pwm ones i assume, these are already very good fans, but you cant use them on the 560 since they are 120, i imagine you are keeping the rads you already own in the same loop. As for rpm thats relative, what you should be looking is the temperature. I usually have my fans at low speed, but during summer or if i need to bench i ramp them up a little. I suggest you proceed in a similar way until you feel comfortable with the temperatures.

what would be the next step up from the nf-14's i do like my crruent noctua fans.
The ones that i mentioned previously are already a big step up, both in airflow and static pressure.

The pwm ones i assume, these are already very good fans, but you cant use them on the 560 since they are 120, i imagine you are keeping the rads you already own in the same loop. As for rpm thats relative, what you should be looking is the temperature. I usually have my fans at low speed, but during summer or if i need to bench i ramp them up a little. I suggest you proceed in a similar way until you feel comfortable with the temperatures.

The ones that i mentioned previously are already a big step up, both in airflow and static pressure.

i live pretty close to the beach and usually and im more in the evening time when it cools down. i think ill try the rad with the fans you mentioned and then maybe do a push pull at a later time. not quite sure what im going to do with the old rad and fans yet. o yea they are the pwn ones

the xt45 v.2 im currently using right know is pretty clean, i flushed it with soap and water before installing it. im not sure if i can get the e/k rad cleaned out. its been through 2 burnt out pumps and i think theres a lot of particulate inside the water channels. not sure what to use to clean that thing out. tried soap and water but not sure how clean the insides really are. the old pumps froze up and the nickel plating from my old heatkiller got erroded off as well.

Small metal particles are a pain, maybe fill +/- 2/3 of the rad, shake it, rinse and repeat. Do this until you see no more particles dropping out in the water, warning this might be tedious :bang head

Small metal particles are a pain, maybe fill +/- 2/3 of the rad, shake it, rinse and repeat. Do this until you see no more particles dropping out in the water, warning this might be tedious :bang head

haha! thats teh truth. is soap and wawter the best thing to use, is there anything that would really get teh insides really clean or is it basically just soap and water?

curious as to what the difference between these two are. nf-a14ppc -2000rpm and nf-a14-industrialppc-2000 ip67pwm

ip67 is a water resistance certification, its more appropriate for industrial applications.

is soap and wawter the best thing to use, is there anything that would really get teh insides really clean or is it basically just soap and water?

In the old days we used to clean with hot water + vinegar or lemon juice diluted in 1/10, but this was more to combat bacteria, algae growth... Today there are other, more mainstream alternatives like mayhems blitz kit, but not sure how effective they are flushing metal particles.

Last edited:
I dont know if this suggestion is good but ive done it, hook up the radiator to the garden hose and let it rip. After that do a final flush with distilled water.

if i wanted to go with a push pull setup for less noise what fans would you reccomend?

I dont know if this suggestion is good but ive done it, hook up the radiator to the garden hose and let it rip. After that do a final flush with distilled water.

I would also say to reverse the direction of flow from how it was in use. It can't hurt to try. How do you hook it up? Hardware store fitting mashup?

Get some CLR and fill the rad up. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Rinse with tap water until no more bubbles come out. Once the tap water comes out free of bubbles do a final rinse with distilled into a clear or white bowl. If there is still gunk in the bowl flush a couple more times and check each time in a bowl.
If that doesn't get it clean nothing will!

I got the parts from a commom hardware shop so im not sure if i can find links to them, also im in EU and we use metric over here so you have to take in consideration your specific garden appliances.

I got the parts from a commom hardware shop so im not sure if i can find links to them, also im in EU and we use metric over here so you have to take in consideration your specific garden appliances.

ok ill see what i can find

Back