• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Waterblock!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
Yeah thats RIGHT, a NEW waterblock, and the best thing about it, I designed it!!! I got a prototype milled out of aluminum, but not finished. it will be Copper body, Poly topped, with poly barbs, there will be no stress on the poly so you wont need to worry about cracking tops, we have figured that all out, Annodized Aluminum tops will be also available, and it will be peltier ready soon, going to get some cold plates made up a little later on.

heres a pic of my al proto
stype1.jpg

I will be getting some in soon for sale, the price is not know yet, it depends on the mill time and all. it will be very reasonable.

-edit- oh and its named 'Masked S-Type'

It looks really nice but will it work well? I say this because the inlet isnt over the core, but I wouldnt know just frying my video card with water. And how much do you expect them to be, because I might order one if the are around $30 or less.

itll probably be 3/8 also, i gotta set that up still, so far its gonna be 1/2, the deal with the inlet over the core is nothing, its just a big joke for the most part, if its direct die or very small base then it makes a little difference... if you havent noticed the best blocks dont have inlets over the core..

thnx for all the comments

sweet looks awesome i may just ask if you should make the middle cornering tighter to get more surface area. maybe put a little swurvy in it.

what do you mean by make it tighter? it is swirvy, ill find another pic

heres a pic of a few wood prototypes of the prototype:p

Sep23_05.JPG

Masked, the problem I see, is that the heat source (the core) is in the center of the block, where you have the LEAST amount of surface area of water. You have the most water surface area at the sides, where you don't need it. I think you need to expand the surface area in the center of the block somehow.

I was by no means trying to diss your block its wayyyyy better than anything I could do its just the way I figure it having the coldest water on the core would cool it better than water hitting it after absorbing the heat from the rest of the block then hitting the core. We'll just have to wait for the temps. Nice job dude way better than what i could do.:cool:

nikhsub1 said:
Masked, the problem I see, is that the heat source (the core) is in the center of the block, where you have the LEAST amount of surface area of water. You have the most water surface area at the sides, where you don't need it. I think you need to expand the surface area in the center of the block somehow.

i see were your comming from, but actually theres TONS of surface area rite there, ill try to get a pic of the wood one with a little drawing of were the core sits... theres the water rite after the inlet, the center then rite before the outlet wich touches almost touches the core, the heat would rize up the walls a little bit, and spreads out pretty well

Chrisdafu said:
I was by no means trying to diss your block its wayyyyy better than anything I could do its just the way I figure it having the coldest water on the core would cool it better than water hitting it after absorbing the heat from the rest of the block then hitting the core. We'll just have to wait for the temps. Nice job dude way better than what i could do.:cool:

take a look at the tc-4, and look at the spir@l, the tc-4 performs better.. thatll explain itself

Chrisdafu said:
This theory is not always true. My D-Tek Spir@l has the inlet right over the center of the core, My TC-4 does not. Guess which one performs better? The TC-4.

Borgy said:
Nice looking block
but the more cooper the harder it is too cool

were do you get this info?

spyder: lol, yeah i showed it a little early because the arangements are MADE:D

nikhsub1 said:

beat me to it!

looks great masked! if the price is right and they are 1/2, i'll take one!

Back