• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEWB. Need help overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For almost 3 years now we have had most of us report that 2 hours P95 Blend mode is enough testing to be mighty sure nothing will fail or error out later in everyday use. I run 2 hours of P95 Blend mode and 2 hours of IBT for 25 Loops with max memory used and if I pass both, that is enough testing and my Video Editting loads do not have issues.
RGone...ster.

You might want to try bumping up your HT Link and CPU/NB frequencies. I think stock is 2400?

I tried raising the CPU/NB and HT link frequencies, it gave warnings about 20 mins in. I ran prime95 for 2 hours with the previous settings stable. I'm happy with the overclock. Thank you guys for all your help.
10.PNG

11.PNG

12.PNG

13.PNG

4.75Ghz with 16gigs of ram @ DDR3-1886 and the temps seen in HWMonitor, is certainly a stout working system for sure.

Not sure what caused that Max Cpu voltage of 2.772V. I hope it was an erratum. Are you running more than one type of software monitoring program at the same time. Doing so can at times cause such 'flyer' readings.
RGone...

4.75Ghz with 16gigs of ram @ DDR3-1886 and the temps seen in HWMonitor, is certainly a stout working system for sure.

Not sure what caused that Max Cpu voltage of 2.772V. I hope it was an erratum. Are you running more than one type of software monitoring program at the same time. Doing so can at times cause such 'flyer' readings.
RGone...

Could not have done it with out the help of you guys.

Yes I was running asus sensor monitor at the same time.

Try giving the CPU/NB a small voltage bump. I suspect the 16 gb of ram is making it tough on the CPU/NB.

Could not have done it with out the help of you guys.

Yes I was running asus sensor monitor at the same time.

Heads up there. Most of us that clock the PEE out of rigs day in and day out; steer far away from AiSuite which is what I assume you are using some portion of.
I set my rig up. Test it with the cooling I intend to use and then I hardly if ever even
look at temps again. I have the cpu set to shutdown if it actually goes way too high and other than that, I do not care to have some application running in the
background sucking up cpu cycles. YMMV
RGone...ster.

Try giving the CPU/NB a small voltage bump. I suspect the 16 gb of ram is making it tough on the CPU/NB.

I gave a little bump to the CPU/NB voltage, and raised both CPU/NB and HT link frequencies to 25xx. Ran prime for 2 hours stable.:clap:

Thanks for the heads up and your help RGone. How do you set your CPU to shutdown when temps get to high?
Also thanks trents for all your help and everyone else who helped me out.

Last edited:
Unless you've made changes to your bios it'll shut down already. But if you want a lower shutdown temp you can go to the monitor section of your bios and lower the threshold.

Back