• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie - GA7VT600-1394 XP 3000 Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mackeyuk

Hello all,

I have recently installed a gigabyte ga7vt600-1394 M/B with a AMD XP3000+ Barton CPU

All the diagnostic programs I have tried the cpu clock speed seems only to be 1300mHz when the athlon xp 3000+ that we have runs at around 2000mHz.

All of my bio and m/b setting are default,

Does anybody have any tips to speed things up for me?

TIA

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!
...and the sickness:eek:

...now allow me to help *former owner of ur exact board*

I need specs for the rest of ur system b4 I can do you much good. Specifically I need to know what RAM you have.

I know all the tips and tricks associtated with that board. Feel free to PM or AIM me. (or just post here again)

Thanks for the fast reply!

Asus a9800XT 256MB ATI Rad 9800 XT 8X AGP
512MB DDR333 PC2700 RAM
120GB Seagate Barracuda S-ATA

Im not too bothered about over clocking more like normal clocking :)

Hope you can help.

What is ur FSB set too right now?

Also if you havent already activate "top-performance". Its hidden but holding <Crtl> + F1 reveals the hidden options. From there you just bump up the FSB.

You keep cranking the FSB until the program Memtest86 (bootable via floppy) shows errors. You should be able to reach 170mhz on the FSB easily (340DDR)

Im not 100% what by FSB is but switch 1 is set to off/auto and
the manual states this is 266/333/400 Mhz

Sorry im a bit vague - newbie :)

I could only get the front side bus up to 118 anything above that crashed the pc is now locked up.

In the bios and wont let me change it out of 119 so i cant get into the pc at all can i press reset then how do i unlock it?

In the fsb control it said min 100 max 132 after we unlock the pc would the load optimized defaults control be useful.

My friends pc in the direct x diagnostic under cpu says amd athlon xp 2400+ ~ 1.8Ghz mine only says athlon ~1.3Ghz , shouldnt it say the same but with 3000+ ~ 2.0GHz

Here is the DXDiagNotes

Attachments

• dxdiag.txt
    46.4 KB · Views: 92
I could only get the front side bus up to 118 anything above that crashed the pc is now locked up.

You have that jumper in the wrong position. Its either 100mhz or Auto. You must have it in the 100mhz position. That would explain alot.

Try shifting that jumper the other way.

If your CPU is a true 3000+ the FSB should be 166 not 100mhz. 100mhz is reserved for old-skewl Durons.

Thanks for the help!!

The dip switch was set to 100mhz, changed it to auto and everything speeded up!! DOH!!

Thanks again

NP, from there, like I said, I would enable "top-performance".

That function makes a hellova difference! Unfortunatly since it is a VIA based board, your top FSB will be somewhat limited.

However push it as far as it will go.(its called host clock or something...i forget. It should be around 166mhz at stock)

I would imagine you will get around 170mhz or DDR340 b4 your RAM craps out.

Either way have fun :bday:!!!

Gigabyte ga-7vt600 issues

I got the computer from a close friend and when i got it the specs were gigabyte ga-7vt600, amd athlon 3000+, 1.25gb of ram, geforce mx/mx apg card (acording to cpu-z). when i got the machine it ran at 2.0 (or around there)ghz i dont remember what happened but now i power it up and the max it will go is 1.7ghz. switch is fliped in to auto and when i power the machine it says amd atlhon xp 1800+ but i confirmed that the cpu is in fact the 3000+. please help

Back