• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newbie to overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech_Edge

Hi friends ,

I'm new to overclock i want to overclock for best gaming performance any required suggetions needed

my configurations

AMD X2 560 BLACK EDITION CPU
GIGABYTE 880GM USB3 MOBO
CORSAIR VENGEANCE 4 GB 1600 MHZ RAM
VIP GOLD 500 WATTS PSU
CIRCLE UBERCOOL CABINET
LG FLATRON W43 LCD

and when i use amd overdrive the memory clock show 800 mhz how to increase it at 1600mhz as provided by corsair :D
:comp:

880 is 1600 as DDR, is double data which means the actual speed it's running is 800mhz x2 = 1600

If you are using the stock CPU cooler (you give us no information one way or the other about that) you had better check core temps before you try to overclock by running Prime95 blend stress test for 20 minutes having first opened up HWMonitor on the desktop (two freeware programs that are standard overclocking help tools we use). Overclocking drives temps up and if they are already high to start with your are asking for frustration and trouble.

Back