• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg RMA Shinanigans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZealotBT

Registered
I bought the ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen3 from new egg and the board was defective and would not post or show any signs of life. So I sent that one back and got a replacement. The replacement board was doing some really funky stuff with error A03 and A06. I sent the replacement back to get a refund so i can buy a board by a different manufacturer. When i sent my RMA out to the Newegg RMA center upon receiving and reviewing the product they told me the CPU pins were damaged by the user which i clearly remember sending them the motherboard and there was nothing wrong with it at all. So now I strongly believe Newegg is trying to make me eat the 110 dollars i was supposed to get a refund for. What can i do about this particular issue and i can attach a photo of the pins as well as they seem to be completely ripped out of the Cpu socket. What should i do
?
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/sinz4334/MotherboardDamage.jpg

I bought the ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen3 from new egg and the board was defective and would not post or show any signs of life. So I sent that one back and got a replacement. The replacement board was doing some really funky stuff with error A03 and A06. I sent the replacement back to get a refund so i can buy a board by a different manufacturer. When i sent my RMA out to the Newegg RMA center upon receiving and reviewing the product they told me the CPU pins were damaged by the user which i clearly remember sending them the motherboard and there was nothing wrong with it at all. So now I strongly believe Newegg is trying to make me eat the 110 dollars i was supposed to get a refund for. What can i do about this particular issue and i can attach a photo of the pins as well as they seem to be completely ripped out of the Cpu socket. What should i do
?
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/sinz4334/MotherboardDamage.jpg

That is why I am so "A---null" when i get any high price shipment I have the wife or kid with the video camera on while I open the sealed box so there are no discrepancies. Or if they are not around I put it on a tripod. I would stick to your guns if that's how you got it; damaged. If they fail to work with you in the very end you can file a report with the Better Business Bureau. Good Luck to ya.!

Did you package the board properly ? Did you use the CPU socket plastic cover that protects the socket ? Did you attach it properly, ensuring it was secured and not just slapped it on ? It's a pretty common mistake. If you caused the damage to the board, it's not their fault. 2 bad boards in a row, that's extremely unlikely, the odds are nearly zero, so I'm going to side with newegg here.

My brother checked both boards as well and they were not properly functioning. When i looked into this and asked question from other people who have purchased this board there has been a rampant set of issues with that particular board. So 2 boards with issues is very likely in this case. I know for a fact when i sent the board out the cpu socket pins were perfect. When i got the board back they looked like they were pulled out by some kind of tool. It would be fair to say that there is definitely something going on.

Dear ZealotBT,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience. Please contact us at [email protected] with all the details associated with your order and we will be more than glad to assist you. Have a great day and we look forward to assisting you.

Newegg Support

I'm confused here, you say you bought a ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen3 (LGA 1155) but the picture you show clearly says LGA775... hmmm

That just shows which mount holes would be used for a 775 heatsink on that motherboard.

Well, it's definitely not user-ended fault. Why the hell would anyone sit down, take a pair of tweezers, and rip out an ENTIRE SEGMENT of pins? Probably some manufacturing fault, someone obviously didn't double check before they boxed it.

It's definitely weird to get two pieces of malfunctioning hardware in a row. All the items I've ever purchased arrived in mint condition, so it might be a manufacturing end error, not Newegg.

If your RMA with Newegg doesn't come through, try to RMA with AsRock directly, here:http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA

Back