• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pick what you want email, only thing I would actually want is the lightning node pro, but they only have one, we will see if I get it

Dear EggXpert’s

This week we will be offering our current inventory on a first come, first serve basis.

Just send us back the “part number” of the item you would like to review. Keep in mind that the most desired and lowest quantity items will probably go within a few minutes, so choose wisely.

Rosewill USB Wired Slim Desktop Keyboard & Mouse Combo Black - RKM-600
Rosewill 1U 10 Inch-depth Cantilever Shelf RSA-1USHF001
Rosewill 1U 14 Inch-depth Cantilever Shelf RSA-1USHF002
CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO CL-9011109-WW, RGB Lighting Controller with Individually Addressable RGB LED Strips
Rosewill 2U 10 Inch-depth Cantilever Shelf RSA-2USHF001

-EggXpert Team

I've been really bummed because out of NOWHERE I just stopped getting assignments. I used to get one to three assignments every month and this went on for years, since the inception of the program. Then a few months ago I just stopped getting normal assignments, with only those first come, first serve emails coming every so often. Then back on May 23rd I finally received a regular assignment, but it was for a rack to mount server boards. I just declined it since it did not match my computing environment.

I've emailed them a total of three times asking if I've been removed from the program, or if the program is being phased out. Every time the answer is the same. They tell me that things are slow right now but they hope they'll pick up soon. They keep assuring me I'm still in the program, but the pool of products has just been slim. It bothers me because I've always put a lot of effort into my reviews and while I may have been late on a few, I NEVER missed one. I REALLY hope the assignments start coming in again.

On another note, I was tapped by EZVIZ, which is a company that makes surveillance cameras and other similar hardware to be an EZVIZ insider. This is the same type of hardware review program as Newegg's EggXpert review, except apparently they let you choose which item you want to review whenever an email is sent.

I received multiple products from Newegg made by EZVIZ and they must have liked my reviews, because that's how they tapped me for the program. I was excited about it, until I signed up and waited, then waited, then waited some more. It's been around three months or so and I haven't received even ONE email for an invitation to review products for them. So I emailed them to ask them how the program works and why I haven't received anything. They basically just told me to keep waiting for that email. I can log into my EZVIZ insider account and view my stats, which all read 0 at this point, but that's it. So I'm a reviewer now for two different companies and neither are sending me anything to review! It's very frustrating!

I'm kind of glad they have slowed down with the review items to be honest. As much as I like to get them and check them out, it still takes up my time to do so and I've been very busy lately, so it's worked out well.

I haven't heard from them in several years. And like slamscaper I sent them several emails to find out why they vanished. Never heard anything.

Besides I tend to order mostly from Amazon since their prices are typically just as good or better and we have Prime so shipping isn't an issue and always 2 day delivery.

Somethings in life will always remain a mystery.

pick what you want, asked for the 8TB seagate game drive
they also have pretty good inventory of almost everything

Dear EggXpert’s

This week we will be offering our current inventory on a first come, first serve basis.

Just send us back the “part number” of the item you would like to review. Keep in mind that the most desired and lowest quantity items will probably go within a few minutes, so choose wisely.

*WD Purple 2TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch WD20PURZ
*WD Purple 1TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch WD10PURZ
*WD Purple 500GB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch WD05PURZ
**Seagate Game Drive Hub for Xbox 8TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive STGG8000400
***Seagate 2TB DJI Fly Drive Portable Hard Drive for Drone Footage USB-C Model STGH2000400
*WD Purple 10TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD100PURZ
*WD Purple 8TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 128MB Cache 3.5 Inch WD80PURZ
*WD Purple 6TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch WD60PURZ
*WD Purple 4TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch WD40PURZ
*WD Purple 3TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch WD30PURZ

EggXpert Team

*Special requirement: Must be used in a security environment, with a camera system
**Special requirement: Must be used for the Xbox Console
***Special requirement: Must be used with a DJI Drone

FINALLY received an email for a standard assignment. It's actually a very cool looking product. I always wanted a portable SSD. Something I can copy files to fast when I need to and easily transfer them physically. It's not a gem of a review, but not bad either. Just glad they finally tapped me again.

Dear EggXpert,

We have received this product from a vendor for EggXpert review. Please reply no later than 8-10-2017 11AM PST. if you would like to take this assignment. Just reply to this email with the text “Accept” or “Decline”. Please decline this invitation if the product does not match your expertise or your computing environment. Let us know If you have been offered this item previously. We have more products coming in for EggXpert review.

Vendor: WD

Model: WDBK3E2560PSL-WESN

Newegg SKU: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820250096

Launched/Pre-Launch: Launched

If this is your first assignment, or you have moved since your last assignment, please provide the following with your response to facilitate order processing.

I haven't heard from them in several years. And like slamscaper I sent them several emails to find out why they vanished. Never heard anything.

Besides I tend to order mostly from Amazon since their prices are typically just as good or better and we have Prime so shipping isn't an issue and always 2 day delivery.

Somethings in life will always remain a mystery.

Wow several years is a long time. So they didn't even get back to you? That's very odd. You'd think they should have at least told you what was going on.

There is a way you could figure out if you're still in the program. Attempt to write a review while logged into your account. If you're allowed to use 3000 characters, you're still an EggXpert reviewer. But if you're limited to 1000, you've been removed from the program. I would think you've been removed since you haven't heard from them in so long and they won't even answer your emails.

Every email I've ever sent to them, they've answered and were very courteous to me. This last time around I only went about 3 months before getting a regular assignment, which is the longest I've went in years. HOWEVER, during that time I did receive a few emails for the "first come, first serve" type reviews. They were only a few items and very limited stock. I HATE those emails as I've said, because no matter how fast I reply, someone always beats me, leading me to believe that some people get the emails before I do. I have my primary email synced to my phone and it checks the server every 15 minutes, so I get a notification every time I get an email. There's no excuse why I ALWAYS get beat to the punch. I should have at least won a few of the better reviews by now.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I honestly don't think they factor in how many products you buy from them. I mean I used to spend thousands and thousands of dollars there every year, but these days i shop around a lot more. I haven't even ordered anything from them in almost two years, save for a memory card reader.

There is a way you could figure out if you're still in the program. Attempt to write a review while logged into your account. If you're allowed to use 3000 characters, you're still an EggXpert reviewer. But if you're limited to 1000, you've been removed from the program.

I actually have a 5000 limit on each box

Back