• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I did double check and I was initially wrong about the number of characters an EggXpert is allowed to use in each review box compared to a normal reviewer. An EggXpert reviewer can use up to 5000 characters while a normal reviewer can only use 3000. I remember being told this a long time ago when I was selected.

So it is a good way to find out if you've been removed from the program, as I said. Just log in and pick any product to review. Then note how many characters you're allowed to use. If it's 5000, you're still in the program. If it's 3000, your account has been removed.

BTW who else wishes they would send you shipping info for the items they send? I hate that they don't. You just have to wait and wait and hope it shows up some day, never knowing when that might be. For those of us that need to know so we're home around that time (I've had people steal off my porch, which caused me to put up cameras) it is a huge hassle. I've told them before it would help if they sent us shipping info, so they sent me the info for that product and never spoke about it again. Needless to say not very helpful, except for that one product.

You can get the shippers to notify you of a delivery to your address, UPS and FedEx do this via mobile app and I think email.

Turn around time seems to be about 7-9 days from when I send the email, I got the hdd yesterday.
It would be nice if they sent the tracking or a confirmation thats it coming, like what happened last time with the node pro, just left wondering if it was coming and just called it off after 2 weeks

Just posted my review of the seagate 8TB Xbox hub and got another assignment right away a 4TB WD purple drive. The 8TB was a pick one the 4 TB is normal assignment

Something arriving on Friday according to Fedex alerts, no idea what it is, I think it may be an external drive.

So literally right after I posted my review for the WD Passport portable SSD (what a bad *** external drive by the way!), I received another "pick your own: first come, first serve" assignment. Sadly I didn't see it until a few hours after they sent it, but the good news is they had ample stock. I decided to play it safe and pick the CX750m 2017 edition over the 850W version since they had 10 more of the 750W unit's in stock. My decision paid off because I received the new PSU today. Now we all know that Corsair's CX unit's are their budget PSU's, but their last update to the CX750w was substantial and earned a very good score on JohnnyGURU. So I'm really interested to test out this new 2017 edition of the CX750m. I'm sure if I had picked the 850W model I wouldn't have received anything since I didn't see the email until 4 hours after it arrived (the best products always go insanely fast).

View attachment 193436

View attachment 193432

By the way, look at the benchmarks for this external SSD I reviewed. These are the best scores I ever achieved with any external drive. While this drive is a USB 3.1 gen 2 drive, USB 3.0 has enough bandwidth to get the most out of this drive. That said, taking the efficiency into account, it seems you can get about 40 MB/s more on a USB 3.1 gen 2 connection, because I researched a few benchmarks and compared them to mine. Still, the drive is rated "up to" 515 MB/s. Anandtech didn't even get that with their USB 3.1 gen 2 connection (they scored 40 MB/s over me in the random read and write and nearly the same everywhere else). So the performance of this drive may vary based on the actual drive, similar to how a lot of SSD's and microSD cards are. Either way, these are astonishing speeds for an external drive. They blow away my fastest internal mech drives. Even my 4TB SSHD Hybrid drive can't come close to this over an internal SATA connection! I'm pretty impressed. This drive also comes standard with a USB-C port and is formatted with exFAT so Android phones with a USB-C port can also use it right out of the box. It includes a USB-C to USB-A adapter so you can easily connect it to a PC. I would like to have seen another USB-C to microUSB adapter so you can connect it to phones that have not yet updated to USB-C, but they are cheap enough to buy.

View attachment 193433

View attachment 193434

Here's the benchmark scores I achieved over USB 3.0:

View attachment 193435

So anyway, I'm just happy that I'm finally getting assignments again.

I posted my review from my last pick an item ( Xbox game hub 8TB) one day a few weeks ago in the morning, and by lunch the same day I had another review offer for the wd40purz hdd. Which I just posted that review on Monday. It's great to be getting them again. Now to tear that 8TB game hub apart as I hear they put barracuda pros in them. I borrowed an Xbox to do the review.

Yes did very well but as I don't have a security system here at home that'll use it to full advantage it's been moved to storage duty on my main. Now have over 13TB of formatted storage. Now to find something to store on it.

So something else good came from my stint as an EggXpert reviewer. A company called EZVIZ saw my reviews for their products posted on Newegg's site and they liked my writing style. They offered me a gig reviewing for them directly.

It's different from how Newegg does it. They send me an email with various products I can choose. I request which product I want and then wait for them to ship it. Once I get it, I test the product and then send them my review via email. I finally received my first item. My only concern is that it's pink lol. They offer this model in black, white, and pink... I had to get pink. But that said, it's a 1080p night vision surveillance camera. I already have two other HD EZVIZ cameras and they work great, so I'd love to add another to the network. Their mobile app supports watching up to four cameras at once.

I just got an email stating my product should ship soon.

View attachment 193751

View attachment 193752

So I know for a fact that CPU's are off the table. Both Intel and AMD only let reviewers whom are certified with them touch their review samples.

However, it seems Nvidia and AMD also prevent GPU's from being reviewed as well. This I'm not sure of though, since so many other vendors (most of which are part of Newegg's pool of EggXpert vendors) manufacture their own versions of each GPU. This lead me to believe that perhaps some of us MIGHT get a GPU to review here or there, but I've never witnessed it. Never been offered one nor have I heard of another EggXpert reviewer being offered one.

So if you've ever been offered a GPU, please speak up! It seems they are off limits like CPU's are but I'd love to know for sure.

The only core elements I've reviewed have been motherboards and power supplies, never seen a CPU or GPU offered. Lately I've seen nothing offered.

Yeah its been a month and a half for me.
Ive seen ram, mobo's, cpu coolers, psu's, various storage (ssd's, m.2, hdd, usb thumb and usb external drives, nas), cases, monitors, fans, mouse, keyboard, headset/mic, printers, various networking (switches, routers, wifi extenders, wifi cards, camera's)

Back