• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Seem to be a run on Gamdias stuff, just had an email with about half the items being this brand.

Well whatever it is they are sending it isn't a chair, unless it's a very small one at less than a kilo according to FedEx.

Well the My Cloud arrived and TBH the way it is implemented it makes me wonder who would buy and use such a thing.

You would think so but it doesn't, and in fact WD don't like to refer to it as a NAS, preferring the 'personal cloud' moniker. From what I've seen so far, it is dead easy to use and setup but its throughput when populating the drive in the first place absolutely sucks. It's ok to mediocre on large files but small files are hitting sub 10MB/s regularly and sub 1MB/s occasionally. The software is very naggy too, appearing as a popup on the desktop. I doubt I'll be recommending it.

Pick what you want, all the drives are pretty much the exact same with the exclusion of the basic version having a matte finish and some other unneeded software not included
asked for the black advance one

View attachment 198796

Just got done reviewing Cooler Master's ML120R RGB. Two days after posting the review I got a mutl-item invite that I'm PRAYING I got to in time. I have high hopes because I responded as soon as the email came to me and they had 10 of them in stock. I really could use a new SSD, especially of the NVMe variety. I picked the 240GB model since I was quick on the draw. While this is their budget NVMe series, it still has a 5-year warranty and is three times faster than a SATA SSD.

View attachment 199447

View attachment 199449

View attachment 199448

Hmmm nice, I recently was offered and took a 1TB Toshiba Canvio external, would rather have gone for the NVMe drive though!

Well I tend to have very bad luck with the muti-item assignments. I have my phone set-up to sync to my primary email every 15 minutes and give me a sound notification when I get an email, which allows me to reply almost immediately to Newegg's assignments right away as long as I am not sleeping or miss the notification. In this case I didn't miss it and replied as soon as I received it, so I'm hoping for the best. But I've been let down before even when I was quick on the draw, leading me to believe some people simply get the emails long before i do. In this case, my quick response and the fact they had 10 in stock has given me high hopes. I wish they'd send me notifications about shipping. All I can do is wait to see if I get it.

I MUCH prefer standard assignments because at least I know I will always get them as long as I reply within a few days and accept the assignment.

What balroger said and same with UPS. As long as you set it up to notify you. You’ll get a text or email once the package has shipped. It’s normally 2-4 days after you reply. Depending on day of week the invite was sent out.

Back