• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neweggs new layout is incredibly terrible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To put it another way, I use the search bar to start. So in your example, I would type in 990x or 990FX and widdle down that way.
This is exactly what I'm talking about, again it's not a really big deal, but I used to be able to look at both the 990x and 990fx boards at the same time. Now I can only get one of them.

The Intel example isn't really a good one and i agree with you it's not a problem, you type in Z87 motherboard and that's what you get.

I'm usually on Newegg every day and there have been other times where I've found looking for something in particular, to be more difficult now. Anyhow, maybe it will just take time to get used to.

Also send me your address ED I'm going to send you a big wooden spoon for the holidays, so you can stir the proverbial pot with it. :D

I see what you mean on the AMD side or different chipsets. I was not denying the change and its effects on people, but just explaining that, for the way I search, so far it has not affected me. :)

My Addy...

Heywood Jablowme Blvd.
Nogag Reflex, MD, 12345.

TeeHee!

I'm sincerely glad you took it that way... :clap: :grouphug:

Being serious I see exactly what you are saying, but just with my searching and way to search, it, so far, has not been a detriment (but certainly see how it can be).

I'm also one of the ones that got severally hindered by this new upgrade of theirs... I relied solely on the check boxes to narrow down my searches. Now going back and looking for ram, I can't narrow it down to anything... I type in the speed and size that I want in the search bar but it still yields everything under the moon....

What are you missing? There is still price, MFG, dual/quad, etc left as far as check boxes go...(typed in "16gb ddr3 2133")

Tried to help a friend last night with a video card upgrade, and was actually unable to show him anything on Newegg unless it was in their "spotlight". I wanted to compare AMD vs. nVidia cards, but you can't anymore.

THERE IS NO SELECTION FOR AMD OR NVIDIA. AT ALL. Nevermind a list for the different GPUs in a series.

I have emailed them, and clicked the "Feedback+" thing on the top-right of the page. I feel like Amazon is going to gain more of my business in the future...

We should just email them this thread. If seasoned builders can't even figure out a new layout, how are Uncle Buck and Aunt Erma supposed to!? :screwy:

Guess I typed it in wrong when I initially did it late last night as I was still getting 4gb, 8gb options along with multiple different speeds. I guess I just liked being able to hit the memory tab and then start checking off the criteria that I wanted. Like if I didn't know exactly what I was searching for (just general browsing) I would just start hitting the check boxes and go...

See I felt like that at first, really not minding the change, although now I am looking for something specific and am having trouble, as I am looking for a possible server board but do not know any of their specific chipsets...

I think they just made it more difficult, especially for those who may be a new system builder and want to see their options.

Just tried searching for memory, can't specify Cl timings, bandwidth or how many gig you want. Awesome.

I'm glad I already type that in, LOL!

Those options should be there. But trying to be more granular in your search does help a bit.

What if you don't know exactly what you want like most people who only build PCs every 2-5 years. If Newegg does not fix things I will just shop for the lowest prices at Amazon or where ever it is cheapest if I have to do the leg work.

Am I missing something? I see every possible option I would want to narrow my searches by on the sidebar.

newegg.jpg

Well, some people are going to like change and some people are not. Really the old was better for "nit-picking" hardware, the new way seems to leave too many results, but obviously you can still narrow in.

Anyhow, I found out google has a decent way to narrow on selections. Say you type in ram into google, goto the shopping tab, then you can pick ecc/non, size, unbuffered/reg, speed, pin size, etc. Same with monitors. It is a little abnormal, but is nice as it shops everywhere and will auto figure out tax and shipping. Just figured I would share this.

Am I missing something? I see every possible option I would want to narrow my searches by on the sidebar.
Newegg threw a party a few days ago at their house, trashed the place horribly, and their parents yelled at them. They've been slowly cleaning the house since then. What I'm saying is, you are late to the party.

They likely had enough people complain to put the options back in. Those were absolutely not there when the thread was created.

Last edited:
They finally added back the options to select RAM amount, config, speed, CL, and voltage.

Wow glad I missed all that. I actually rarely even go on Newegg anymore. My buying has dwindled as of late but most of my purchases come from Microcenter these days, their prices are competitive enough on most stuff that the instant gratification of taking it home with me is worth it. Other than RAM of course but I usually just buy that here.

First, Thanks for the updated title. I thought someone made another thread at first :D . I think what I hate most about it - is that I can't select or put in multiple requirements for my search without it updating every.single.time. Let me tell you 2 or 3 things I need this product to have before you update the site. Not to mention if you want to look at JUST one type of R9 - I have to unclick every other version. Their Sr. UX/Usability guy needs to be shot.

Also there is a feedback option. I left feedback and also called and spoke to a customer rep. I doubt it goes anywhere, but I tried.

Back