• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[NEWS] Is Microsoft Still a Monopoly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im all for Microsoft dont get me wrong, but they hold so much of the market it is extremely difficult for a group to develope something and get into the market. I think this is a smart move by the EU, it helps little companies get into the wider world.

Guys, I'm gonna throw in my 0.02 c.

The only problem with linux is hardware support. You have to make sure the particular hardware is supported or resort to using the less efficient NDISWrapper route. I found this out the hard way last night. (MRD, check my cry for help in the Blue Room).

So, no drivers exist for the Netgear WG111 wireless USB device. What could I do? Nothing really. I was loathe to use NDISWrapper, as the convoluted procedure threw me off (I'm a newb). The next best alternative was to check NIC compatbility and pick the NIC that had drivers. So I headed out to CompUSSR and purchased an NIC for $15.

So, as long as this situation exists, I don't think we will see widespread adaptation of Linux.

Back