• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7/S rev2.0 : D25 Modded bios by -=Merlin=-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
enduro i believe with all of the new modded biopses the d10 sata corruption has been fixed

now if they can only fix cpc.. :)

Bassmankr said:
Sen, I thought the common forum thinking was that if you had double sided BH-5 in a 2 - 512 (1 gig) package ala Kingston Hyper X that the CPC off bioses were the ones working best. Also I thought that if you were running SATA raid you should stay clear of the D10's and go with the later bios'es because of file corruption. Can someone clear this up? I'm not doing too bad with Trat's D24 CPC off with a medium speed panaflow for cooling (its a music box so I have to limit noise and therefore I'm heat limited on the CPU), and should try the D25's soon but if you guys think the D10's won't corrupt my SATA raid I may give them a spin.

If your doing fine with D25, i'd leave it. This is for pplz who are willing to sacrifice anything for that extra mhz. But if thats what you want knock yourself out.

Keep in mind that the thermal sensers on D10 are 10-15c* higher than actual. So unless you are running a diode (like I am) keep that in mind.

I just flashed my NF7v2 to Merlin D25 w/ CPC off, and my xp2000+ is able to run 10x230mhz stable (after 30min prime and counting)!!! :eek:.

Before the flash, I was only able to do 10.5x210mhz stable. This is great!

Thanks Merlin!

:beer:

yup merlin this is fantastic ive only had my nf7-s v2 for 3days now, but i have my athlonxp 2400 at 227.44fsb x11= 2501.38

i just tryed this bios and like it better than any i have tryed b4. it alowed for the greatest 3dmark stability yet. it also alowed me to use my OCZ4400 for the first time w/o contunues BSOD's, but sadly it only worked in a 1x256 confuguration.

well thanks for the suggestion, it helped but not much. i can get 225mhz w/ OCZ4400 in SC, when i can get 242mhz my BH-6 in DC.

Sentential said:
Im 100% positive. Ive gone thru all the BIOS, and I think people will agree. If you are OCing an NF7 you fall under 2 catagoies depending on your RAM.

Nonstandard: Winbond varients BH5,CH5,BH6. Micron, and low latency RAM in general

Industry Standard: Hynix, Infineon, Samsung, Elipidia, Adata, Generic. High latency RAM

If you are using non-standard RAM, use a D10 varient with CPC on, *not off*. Non-standard RAM does horribly with CPC off.

However if you are using Industy-standard RAM, use D2x series. Standard RAM does horribly with D10. Also, use a CPC off BIOS for high speed RAM, it yeilds fantastic results.

Best BIOS:

For BH5, CH5, BH6, and mT -5BC (OCZ's EB) the very best BIOS is either: Tictac's D10 Beta4 Turbo, or Tictac's D10 Beta 4x4 Turbo.

For Samsung TCCC / TCCD and Hynix BTD43 / D50 varients. The very best BIOS is Trat's D24 with CPC off. Honerable mentions include Tictac's D23 Sub-Zer0, 3Dfire, and D22 Alpha1 Betaking Turbo.

im just wondering which category my ram would fall in, there are blue heatspreaders (or some covering w/e it is) on them so i cant tell, comp specs are in my sig... http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=20-144-305-06.jpg

i wanna hit over 210 stable, i can get 220 but with only 2ghz stable and loose timings

Last edited:
wow, has anybody followed that PCperspective thread, hes comming out with updated versions of this bios! it might prove to be even better.

Hey Nico I saw in your sig that you have an AXP-M at 2.8ghz, what are you using to cool it at 2.2volts? And man would I love to see some Sandra CPU benchmarks, that would really show up my friend who says Athlons are slow compared to his Shiny new P4.

[/end highjack]

NaNoBLaZe01 said:
link doesnt seem to work for me =\
Didn't work for me either... try it a couple of times.

Tebore said:
Hey Nico I saw in your sig that you have an AXP-M at 2.8ghz, what are you using to cool it at 2.2volts? And man would I love to see some Sandra CPU benchmarks, that would really show up my friend who says Athlons are slow compared to his Shiny new P4.

[/end highjack]
Like many people I am running a summer overclock right now at 2.7GHz :( (2.1v).
2.8 is from when I frist got my CPU (it was always cold... 67F in my room)... now it is always 80-85+ F in my room and CPU temp goes up to 56C which is wayy to high. I am running just regular watercooling maze3/heatercore. Radiator was always up to my window (cold outside air). Now I have radiator inside the house since air outside is hot.

But winter is coming so I will be back up to speed soon... plus I will be getting a prommie... so no more "summer O/C" :)

Heres a bench I just took (2.73GHz) using the new Merlin bios. Very nice BIOS.... I will finish doing tests and post back here with final results.

Attachments

• nicobench.jpg
    nicobench.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 268
OK here are my results:

New D25 rev.2.0.3 compared to old D25 rev.2.0.0C-
Arithmetic: -10 MIPS slower, -72 MFLOPS slower
Memory: 35 ALU faster, 50 FPU faster
3DMark 03: 48 points higher

Theres a direct comparison. Overall this BIOS is just like the other one. Not too much different. I am going to try the CPC off version of the BIOS next (this was comparing the OLD CPC OFF to the NEW CPC ON bios). The notes for the new release are "3DMark Optimized".

I will test the CPC OFF version next and report back.

-Nico

Lots of great info in this thread, I vote sticky.

Edit: I tried the D10 beta4 Turbo, and having some really weird problems with it. It is very sensitive to BIOS changes, like it won't boot if you made too many changes too fast. Like I can't go from 6x200 to 11x200, or 200 to 205mhz. I hafta go really really slow. Does anyone else have this problem?

And as for which BIOS to use, I have micron ocz eb chips, so it looks like the D10 variants are the best. But since im using 2x512 doublesided dimms, shouldnt I be using a CPC disabled BIOS? By the way my NF7-Sv2 is a few weeks old, blue dimm slots, and came with D24 bios.

Last edited:
Back