• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7/S rev2.0 : D25 Modded bios by -=Merlin=-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well cpc(command per clock, "1T") is a good thing, becauce it gives greater bandwith, and bandwith efficentcy, but also cpc disabled(command per 2 clocks, "2T"), can aswell be good, because w/ some boards/ram (usually effects 2x512 more than 2x256) it alows for more FSB, and if it alows for enough more, it can overcome the lose of performance of losing the 1T, and acually out perform CPC ENABLE+lower FSB. but for example 225fsb w/ cpc disabled is NOT better than 224fsb w/ cpc enabled, but (depending on ram and board) 230 cpc disabled may be better than 220 cpc enabled, and 270 cpc disabled:)attn: ) would obviously be better than 230 cpc enabled :p

most of the time it is best to try to run it enabled but it is best to try disabling it, and see how it affects max FSB:), besause if it allows enough more then its worth disabling.

Joor said:
D24 /25 is fine 225 max tho, this is 2x512 pc4000
They both run 250 fsb if single..dont get this? :cry:

yeah me either, i have tryed cpc enables and disabled, exept mine caps at 218 w/ 2x256 pc4400, but w/ 1x256 pc4400 i get 250+?? :confused: ??

and it doesnt matter WHAT bios i run, or if i run CPC enabled or disabled....single channel or dual channel....

go figure.....and people say DFI LP B/UI is wierd.....

Hey, What you guy think of this. I have tried modbio, trat D24, D25 2D, 2.0.1 and 2.0.3. I think this is best so far. I didn't save much result to compare but here are just some. So this 2.0.1 CPC on give me best sandra score but like 10 points lower in 3D ( but who cares :).
Man, but I still cant break 230fbs. It is stable at 230 but I just run at 227 for now ( like even number 2.5 :p ). But still I cant break 230fbs. Well, I think i hit the wall on my memory => just a stilck PC 3200 corsiar ram value ( but hey cant beat that perfromance with that price :p ), well thinking get one more to make it DC. .
Does any used this ram and cant run faster than this?
Gonna get a new HS for NB tomorrow to see if it helps.

Edited: Oh my, the pic is really bad. That is the best I can do to make it upload. :(. What can I do.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 225
Thats pretty nice, how did you get it stable at 1.7v? My 2.5 takes 1.75v and at 2.63 its not stable with 1.825v(1.79v) so I hafta set it to 1.875v(1.83v) to make it stable. Is that too high on the vcore? My load temps are 54c, but its on D10 bios any they report a little high.

Dont ask me how I make it can run at 1.7V :). It just take it. So far, 1 hours memtest and 9 hours prime. 3 hours gaming and been running whole day. That is good enough. :clap:
Edit: BTW, it is 1.75V set and 1.7-1.66 from MBM5.

Does anyone here have a link to the D10 Beta4 Turbo BIOS. I've looked around and have only found the beta4 version. I'm stockpiling these BIOS's on my computer and I need to try the Beta Turbo to see if it will help my overclock at all. I'm stuck at 220 right now with the new EB that I got. the D10 4x4 wouldn't even post above 200 for some reason.

100mbHD said:
jess, in your sig, the NF7, what mem timings are you running on that board? thanks

2-2-2-11 CPC enabled, w/ DC :attn: . thats why i dont understand why i cant run 2x256 PC4400 w/ anyconfiguration :mad:

wow, nice, i can get up to 255fsb with mem timings of 3-4-4-11 in DC w/ my hynix chips. also, what is your cooling on your NF7, because I noticed that your running it at 1.9 vcore, which is a lot.... and if possible, your vdimm and chipset voltage, thanks.

1.9v vcore isn't alot but it's starting to get there.... anything over 2.0v should probably be on something other than air.

100mbHD said:
wow, nice, i can get up to 255fsb with mem timings of 3-4-4-11 in DC w/ my hynix chips. also, what is your cooling on your NF7, because I noticed that your running it at 1.9 vcore, which is a lot.... and if possible, your vdimm and chipset voltage, thanks.

voltages:
vcore=1.93(it wouldnt bother me to run 2.0, but my 430w TP is out of power)
Vdd(chipset)=1.7(it hates anthing more than that)
Vdimm=3.35
Vtt=1.68

Cooling:
CPU:SP-97+thermalright 80MM TT
NB:SS7 HSF+50MM fan
SB:vantec ICEBERG
Mofet sinked, (mainly for Vdimm and Vtt, because Vcore arnt even hot)

So did anyone ever get a link to the CPC off version?

I got the nf7d_25.BIN which from what I understand is CPC ON only? I want to try the version with CPC OFF, anyone got it?

Archangel4life said:
nano you should try the d10, im at 3700+ in sandra mem wise.

@ 230 i was at 3500+

well i did try the d10 4x4... and it was horrible
the bios would lock up at times and i wasnt even able to post at 220fsb... after the "Dont Power OFF" thing, the screen just goes black... wtf?

so i flashed to d25 2.0.1 cpc on and got "ok" results 3292/3047 (220x11.5) 2.5-3-3-6, im gonna test it on 8 and 11 later

i can post at up to 230, slightly unstable.. any tips on stablizing it? my voltages are 1.8 core 2.7 (or 2.8 not sure) dimm and 1.6 chipset i believe

What would you guys recommend for me? (which BIOS)

This is what I'm setting up tomorrow, I would like to flash the BIOS 1st thing before installing Windows. As of right now I'm going to try the D10 Beta 4. If I'm not happy with that I'm going to try the D25 - or would you all recommend something different than that idea?

ABIT NF7-S nForce2 (Model# NF7-S V2)
OCZ Enhanced Bandwidth Series Platinum Edition 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3500
AMD XP 2600+ Mobile

There are so many to choose from! What bioses would you try out with that system^

JPetrillo said:
What would you guys recommend for me? (which BIOS)

This is what I'm setting up tomorrow, I would like to flash the BIOS 1st thing before installing Windows. As of right now I'm going to try the D10 Beta 4. If I'm not happy with that I'm going to try the D25 - or would you all recommend something different than that idea?

ABIT NF7-S nForce2 (Model# NF7-S V2)
OCZ Enhanced Bandwidth Series Platinum Edition 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3500
AMD XP 2600+ Mobile

There are so many to choose from! What bioses would you try out with that system^

I would try Merlins d25 r2 bios... it like it and it seems to be a bit more stable than trats d24.

You dont have the link for that d25 r2 bios, do you? I'm just going to thorw a few on a disk and try them all... so I can add that one too

i would definatley not go with any d25 or d24.

i have that exact same setup. what bios you want is the d10 form abit, the d10 beta 4, or the d10 4x4 turbo.

i run the d10 4x4 turbo, its a great one. PM me if you want it.

the reason why he should not run merlins d25 or the d24 by tictac or trat, is because he is using micron chips on this OCZ eb. Sentinetal has pointed this out on quite a few occasions, yet nobody listens for some reason,

the basics of nf7 bioses are like this......

INDUSTRY STANDARD RAM
Hyinx
infineon
samsung
for these chips, use one of the d2x bioses, (aka d24 or d25 mods)

NON-INDUSTRY STANDARD RAM
micron
Winbond
exc.
for these chips you use any d10 variant. they work the best. d104x4 seems the best here for micron chips.

it only takes a little bit of research to find out what kind of chips youv got in your ram :)

Back