• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7/S rev2.0 : D25 Modded bios by -=Merlin=-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hrmm, interesting Archangel4lifen :)

You learn something new every day, I must have learned 300 new things today haha. I got the D10 Beta 4, but not the 4x4 one... ;)

yea but i dont really know whats in my ram, its covered by heatspreaders... ive tried d10 4x4 but the bios locks up on me at times and when i change settings, after the "Dont power off saving settings" thing, the screen just stays black... (see my last post)

nano
i have that same issue

i think its a bug or somthing cuz i just hold the power putton down for 4 seconds, the computer turns off then i turn it back on and it works just fine, saves the settings... kinda weird but whatever im stable.

thats what i did use... and btw i forgot to mention, the SATA driver (that silicon image thing) takes a longer time to load with d10, is that normal?

Been following this thread with interest as Merlin has put forth many D25 variations. From what I've been reading it seems like the D25 2.0.1 CPC ON - D25 2.0.1C CPC OFF - and D25 Cpc On v2D seem to be the best of the bunch for most of the guys, is this fair to say? For those with newer boards (colored ram slots) running double sided BH-5 (2 - 512 Kingston HyperX) and a SATA raid, what is working best for you? I know that Archangel recomends the D10 variants for Winbond BH-5 users "NON-INDUSTRY STANDARD RAM Micron, Winbond, etc. For these chips you use any d10 variant. they work the best. d104x4 seems the best here for micron chips.", but with my SATA raid I still wonder about the stability and raid corruption issues that plagued the early D10 variants (in addition Kingston BH-5 and D10 didn't play nice together from the posts from back then). So those of you running a D10 and SATA Raid chime in about your rigs. Lastly, a thank you to the guys who do all the testing of the variants so guys like me with little time to help can benefit from your hard work.

I've been using the D10 4x4 Turbo and/or the D10 B4 Turbo both by tictac for 2 months now with a SATA installed OS.

I've had zero problems and zero sata corruption problems. I properly installed SATA drivers when I installed my os though.

If you're using double sided memory sticks - 512 mb sticks, you'll get higher fsb (and better performance from this) from a CPC disabled bios.

CPC = commands per clock

Do a search in the Abit forum for it. There are a bunch threads explaining it.

I've been having some trouble with my D10. I've used both the 4x4 and the B4 Turbo and both gave me a higher overclock, 230, where it had been 220. But the price was instability. My computer has been randomly freezing ever since I flashed to the Turbo BIOS. I've primed it for 6 hrs and ran memtest for 2 hrs on #5 and both passed without an error, but my computer freezes all the time........ kind of irritating. I'm considering flashing back to D25 and just taking the smaller overclock. Having it freeze when I'm online or playing a game is seriously annoying.

Docta_Z said:
I've been using the D10 4x4 Turbo and/or the D10 B4 Turbo both by tictac for 2 months now with a SATA installed OS.

I've had zero problems and zero sata corruption problems. I properly installed SATA drivers when I installed my os though.

If you're using double sided memory sticks - 512 mb sticks, you'll get higher fsb (and better performance from this) from a CPC disabled bios.

so you think i can get more than 250 fsb with a d10 bios? i tried one a while back, and hated it. i have an old nf7-s with black dimm slots came with bios 14 i think.

thanks.

also, someone post a direct link to d25 cpc off please. i really wish people would name bioses a bit better.

oc613 said:
so you think i can get more than 250 fsb with a d10 bios? i tried one a while back, and hated it. i have an old nf7-s with black dimm slots came with bios 14 i think..

It's certainly possible. Probably depends heavily on your ram.

The D10 is favored by some ram while the D25/D24 is favored by others. I had a little chart of which liked which but I lost it. I got the info from posts in this forum so a search might help ya.

Enduro: what sort of voltages were you hitting? Random freezes with memtest/prime stable sounds like a video issue in games... is your video card overclocked?

That's a good point. Let me check.....
Yeah, but the thing is. I reflashed back to the Beta4, and no more random freezes, so it's probably not a vid card problem. I'm at 233*10 right now, just so I can isolate the memory. I'm going to up the multiplier later. I guess I've reached this BIOS' limits. I tried to hit 240, but I literally got 30,000 errors on #5 in Memtest. So......... no 240. I shudder to think what Windows would look like after using 240. Thanks for the good point though. My vid card is overclocked. Don't laugh, it's at it's highest performing level right now. Which is below a integrated I'm pretty sure. It's pretty sad, but it plays UT and HL just fine, so I'm happy.

how can i tell if cpc is on, or off, from windows?

just flashed to this new merlin bios, and my scores are identical to trats d24 with cpc off.

getting ~3750 in sandra memtest @ 240 FSB.

oc613 said:
how can i tell if cpc is on, or off, from windows?

just flashed to this new merlin bios, and my scores are identical to trats d24 with cpc off.

getting ~3750 in sandra memtest @ 240 FSB.

As far as I know there is no way of knowing in windows if CPC is on or off. If the bios author names his modded bios in a coherent or recognizable manner, then its a bit easier to tell in Aida32 when you look for the bios info like what Merlin did to his bioses, you can tell by the name. His CPC Off variants are the ones with the C suffix on the revision numbers, you probably know this already. Also during boot-up you can tell what version Merlin's bioses are on the flash screen.

Back